Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts
Honestly, there is nothing that can touch a Hi-Points price point. Given that the design and manufacture of the gun was for a specific price point, you will get what you pay for. You may need to pay extra attention to loading the magazines correctly and using domestic brass cased ammo until it gets broken in and proves reliability.

You would be more well suited in that price point to get an old Tokarev or TT clone and a spare 9MM Barrel and Bushing from Sarco, that gun would be safe and strong as hell (as well as being in your price range). I used to be quite a proponent of HiPoints, you may see my old posts on this site. I had a C9 blow up in my face with WWB 9MM. I now STRONGLY advocate staying the hell away from them. As far as possible, whenever I see someone shooting one on the range I move downrange after I had the kB with mine.

You already have guns. Buy a quality gun that isn't made out of Zamak. Save up for it. I bought my first 20 guns on $8 an hour. Don't fall for the instant gratification trap because of the low cost. Used and abused Glocks are still 10,000 times the quality of the BEST HiPoint.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Honestly, there is nothing that can touch a Hi-Points price point. Given that the design and manufacture of the gun was for a specific price point, you will get what you pay for. You may need to pay extra attention to loading the magazines correctly and using domestic brass cased ammo until it gets broken in and proves reliability.
this is the kind of input im looking for becuase i am gettin a high point i just want to learn about the small issues they have once in a while, thanks lightwieght

I have a 45acp hi-point. If you have large hands it will fit like a glove. I don't but I still love to shoot it, out of the box, brand new, I have never had a failure to feed or any other problems, although I have only shot about 300 rounds through it. But it is almost ready for its first cleaning (according to the instruction manual that came with it). I also owned a 995 but I had to trade it after my riding mower blew up. But I do plan on getting the carbine in 45acp this year. The pistols are bulky yes, but they shoot straight. Rechambering it would be prohibitivly (a george bush word) expensive. If your going to buy one buy a 9mm and leave it alone, although I do love the 45acp for its stopping power.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
i do plan on getting a 9 and a 45 but all the 9's that i found are compact i was debating a 40 but 9mm ammo is cheaper

Discussion starter · #28 ·
i did have a 995 it was pretty accurate to with the nikon prostaf 4x i had but that gun had some bad juju i had to get rid of it(it killed my tv) due to missfitted after market stock and one idiots determination to diagnos magazine feed problem.

i have a hi point compact 9mm. I bought it used for $99 and I have put many boxes through it of just full jacket remington and winchester. after about 4000 rounds through it i found that every other clip the last round would jam. so there is a feeding problem. I haven't polished the loading ramp or anything but that is what it needs because it is a little rough and I think it gets caught on the ramp. but overall it is a good little gun. no blowups or anything.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
if you guys dont mind pics would be great too.even if i cant hold them i still enjoy seeing pics (my girlfriend says im obsessed, but i tell her its a way of Life)

Seems like the folks who don't like them never had one. I never had one either so nothing to say but I do have a RIA I like a bunch. I here that Hi-points are tough and dependable. If it fits your need and your budget it is your gun so go for it.
I would buy one if I needed it!

have the C9, the .45 pistol, 9mm and .45 carbines so far and the next time one of them jams will be the first time, shoot handloads so when i got the .45 (first high point) i ran some handloads up that I wouldnt even fire thru my springfield or 1911, and that ugly monster loved them. all im going to say about high points is the .45 auto replaced my revolver beside my bed, first auto that had that honor, and the 9mm carbine is on my wifes side

more gunsnobs here than i remember.... but on a good note. i hope you have bought another hipoint.. i bought my c9 last summer. put my 700th round through it today with no problems (i went 6-7months long guns only) but i love my c9. and a slip on hogue grip makes an Awesome difference

in my hands my groups are no different with this gun then when compared to me shooting my moms sig p2022 or my dads glock 22 40 with ported barrel.. its as accurate as you are..

and i polished my feed ramps aswell this week, its never failed to feed before. definately wont now

yea you could save up and buy fancier guns on an $8hr job as thats what i make. but why waste the money when its not nessicary

and to anyone who says you just have a hipoint cause your a cheap ass... i built an AR-15 back in october

and im gonna sell it this weekend because AR's are just overrated, im gonna get me a 995ts at the gun show probably and have a pocketfull of cash, plus 1 less caliber to worry about. already set up for loading 9mm

check your PM's hemingway

You would be more well suited in that price point to get an old Tokarev or TT clone and a spare 9MM Barrel and Bushing from Sarco, that gun would be safe and strong as hell (as well as being in your price range). I used to be quite a proponent of HiPoints, you may see my old posts on this site. I had a C9 blow up in my face with WWB 9MM. I now STRONGLY advocate staying the hell away from them. As far as possible, whenever I see someone shooting one on the range I move downrange after I had the kB with mine.
Really it blew up in your face? I really doubt it people have intentionally tried to blow up the Hi Point C9 HERE ARE EXAMPLES VIDEO'S SHOWING WHAT THEY DID.

Watch them in the order they are posted.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg]YouTube - Hi-Point Pistols: The Ultimate Test[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmt5QB814Tw]YouTube - Hi-Point Pistols: The Ultimate Test RELOADED[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoWpog5KU4]YouTube - Hi-Point Pistols: The Ultimate Test MAN VS HI POINT[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_HXtEvjlGg]YouTube - So what happened to that Hi Point?[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKkQm5TRaWE]YouTube - Hi-Point Pistols The Ultimate Test Part 4: Judgement Day[/ame]

When someone says they had a Hi Point blow up in their face I call BS

You already have guns. Buy a quality gun that isn't made out of Zamak. Save up for it. I bought my first 20 guns on $8 an hour. Don't fall for the instant gratification trap because of the low cost. Used and abused Glocks are still 10,000 times the quality of the BEST HiPoint.
Had a .45 glock, had it blow the slide right off the gun taking the tip of my finger with it firing wolf ammo thru it, contacted glock and was told that it was not their fault because they specify ONLY high quality ammo in it, took a torch to it then mailed it back to them with a few choice words, bought a "cheap" high point and loaded the hottest .45s i could into it (and i mean hot I handload) and that gun loved it. its now my bedside gun and you could not even give me a POS glock

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.