Gun and Game Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
my brother has a RIA 1911 and was shooting some reloaded brass through it and (luckily nobody was hurt) it cracked the grip on his gun cause the brass didn't hold up. So he had to put new grips on the gun and he was freaked out a little bit, but he also found the ejected round and sure enough the brass was torn apart. He doesn't load hot or anything like that, it was just faulty brass. so anything can happen to any gun. it basically comes down to a couple factors: 1. what style of gun you want (frame material, etc) 2. how much money you have and 3. what is the urgency of your need. if all those things fit into a hi-point then a hi-point it is. but if you want a steel gun and don't NEED to have it right away and can save a little bit, you could go for something else. you can always save up after you get a hi-point for another gun. you can never have too many guns.

Had a .45 glock, had it blow the slide right off the gun taking the tip of my finger with it firing wolf ammo thru it, contacted glock and was told that it was not their fault because they specify ONLY high quality ammo in it, took a torch to it then mailed it back to them with a few choice words, bought a "cheap" high point and loaded the hottest .45s i could into it (and i mean hot I handload) and that gun loved it. its now my bedside gun and you could not even give me a POS glock
<GASP!> You just badmouthed the Almighty GLOCK?! Say it ain't so!

Discussion starter · #47 ·
7.62x25 if hand loaded and given a proper barrel is not a slow round not that its all that slow to begin with and its a true 30 the diameter is .309 unless you have a shot out bore

Hi Points are great. Shoot great after a breaking in period. converting to 7.62 x 25?... I wouldn't reduce a good round like .40 S&W to a slow moving .32...

Try Hi point.
Perhaps you're thinking of 7.65? I believe that's the .32acp, and yes, small and weak.

lol damn theres a lot of haters the ones who say there pieces of junk more then likely have never used 1 yes there big yes there bulky no there not really a gun u want to carry on you due to those reasons how ever i own both a 380 and 40 hi point and have put many boxes threw em and never had any probs just make sure to shoot brass not steal rounds threw it as far as grips you can change the grips out easy to ones that fit you

no i wont i like quanity and durability so you guys are out if i buy a cheaper gun then i can afford more ammunition. i make 8 bucks an hour so every penny helps
Hey brother. I have a buddy thats had a high point forever now and that thing will spit some lead out. It is just butt ass ugly. But who cares. If that is all you can afford for now, then get one and keep it clean. Let me know when you buy one and tell me about it. Just remember gun safety is the most important aspect of owning a gun period! Cheers!

Just bought a C9 at a pawn shop. Took it to the range on Saturday and loved how it shot. However had some clip and jam problems. If I fully loaded the clip I did not have problems but if I underloaded (4-5 rounds, I do this when I am sighting in) it would completely jam on the last or next to last round. I didn't expect perfection with a pawn shop gun but I did not expect it to jam.

Anyone have any idea how to fix the problem other than fully loading the clip each time. For home security it will always be fully loaded, but traveling or on the range I may load short.

Hey brother. I have a buddy thats had a high point forever now and that thing will spit some lead out. It is just butt ass ugly. But who cares. If that is all you can afford for now, then get one and keep it clean. Let me know when you buy one and tell me about it. Just remember gun safety is the most important aspect of owning a gun period! Cheers!
It is only "butt ass ugly" until it saves your ass, then it is the most beautiful thing in the world (next to your lady) I have a 45 and love it.

Just bought a C9 at a pawn shop. Took it to the range on Saturday and loved how it shot. However had some clip and jam problems. If I fully loaded the clip I did not have problems but if I underloaded (4-5 rounds, I do this when I am sighting in) it would completely jam on the last or next to last round. I didn't expect perfection with a pawn shop gun but I did not expect it to jam.

Anyone have any idea how to fix the problem other than fully loading the clip each time. For home security it will always be fully loaded, but traveling or on the range I may load short.
Did it happen with more than one magazine? I had a couple of jams when firing mine, same mag both times. Put that one aside and had no problems the rest of the day

What's the happs?

As old as this post is, you should have that Hi Point by now! I am curious to know how it worked out for you. Also, I own a C9 and it kicks butt. So does my Glock 22 & 23, both .40 S&W. As for that guy who had the story about the Glock blowing up, I ALMOST want to call BS, but when I look at my Hi-Point over on the nightstand, I decide it's better left unsaid.

P.S. Larger caliber Glocks have aftermarket drop-in barrels that can turn a .45/.40 Glock into a .9mm or .357 Sig, and the .357 Sig even uses the same mags as the .40, so you don't even need different caliber mags! I thought that was neat... I love my Glock 23/19 hybrid.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
i havnt got my permit yet alot of financial crap has come up. mostly other guns and a truck and a car. hopefully by summer i can get it. but im also doing a scout rifle build so we'll see how it goes

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.