Gun and Game Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Just found this thread and thought I would put in my $.02. I didn't read all the post in here but here goes. I had a Hipoint .45 pistol. Key word to that statement is "HAD". I think out of the 50 rounds I put thru it 25-30 of them jammed. I sold it on gunbroker. Best thing to do is see if anyone local has one that you can shoot to see if you like it. I won't be buying another Hipoint pistol again. Now if i could find a 9mm carbine with the old stock in my price range (cheap) than thats another story. I've read better things about the carbines than the pistols.

Ive owned all the pistols and none of the carbines, and the pistols all worked 100% . A few fail to feeds in the first box or two of ammo , they do have a break in period.

Look buy what ya want, a few of us on here have bought budget builds and are tickled pink to hear tha boom they produce. I, myself do not own a highpoint, but would not hesitate to buy and trust one ( if I was blind as a cross eyed bat, they are ugly). I hear "if that's all your life is worth", I consider this cheap insurance, they work. So go ahead and buy that thing, ya know, make an ugly woman your wife.

HW buy what you want; personally I won't buy one. For the price of a High Point I would buy a Makarov. Of course ammo is a little harder to come by.

Just found this thread and thought I would put in my $.02. I didn't read all the post in here but here goes. I had a Hipoint .45 pistol. Key word to that statement is "HAD". I think out of the 50 rounds I put thru it 25-30 of them jammed. I sold it on gunbroker. Best thing to do is see if anyone local has one that you can shoot to see if you like it. I won't be buying another Hipoint pistol again. Now if i could find a 9mm carbine with the old stock in my price range (cheap) than thats another story. I've read better things about the carbines than the pistols.
Whoever you sold that pistol too got a good deal, because the warranty is lifetime for the gun. Send it in and they fix it, no questions asked. Someone on this forum said he found one half melted in a landfill, shipped it to them, and got one back with extra mags.

Also, four things can contribute to a NIB Hi-Point jamming, that you can fix yourself. 1) Polish the feed ramp. All Hi-Points come with a black lacquer paint on the feed ramp. 2) Adjust the feed lips on the magazines, which will eliminate the nose-diving issues, in case that's what you had. A 30 second fix right there. 3) Give it a decent lube job WITHOUT field stripping, before going on your first shoot, and 4) Shoot hot loads the first few times to break it in just a bit faster. Personally, mine worked like a champ right out of the box, but those are good fixes if you happen to have some issues.

Reactions: MoDoc
People are amazing aren't they? I think they actually look forward to arguing about Hi Point weapons. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but that's not what it's about now is it? When you stick in the part about telling someone they don't care enough about someone when they only spend $150.00 on a Hi Point. By this reasoning if you only spend $1000.00 instead of $5000.00 then you don't care enough about you or your love ones. Hi point is priced like it is so a person who doesn't have a lot of money can own a firearm.....period. I own a Hi Point .40 S&W and I really like it. I could have had a much more expensive pistol and do but I bought a Hi Point and I trust it enough to set it on my night stand every night!

Case in point..if you have the money get a good name brand gun. Hi point has a lifetime warranty...not a limited lifetime warranty. There is a difference. Second, I have owned a 9mm compact for more then 10 years now and it is still going strong. Since then however I have picked up a s&w .45. But most of the time when you pay more than 600 for oa gun you are paying for the name. I have heard that Hi point is now a ligitamate gun manufacturer and if you haven
Shot one or havent owned one you have no business in. Commenting on the quality of a gun you have never tried out.

I've heard the second gen Hi-points have the jamming problems cured. the only thing about the hi points that I would complain about would be the heavy slide vs the polymer lower. I wish the lower would be just a little heavier

I've heard the second gen Hi-points have the jamming problems cured. the only thing about the hi points that I would complain about would be the heavy slide vs the polymer lower. I wish the lower would be just a little heavier
Believe it or not, the firearm balances well once you load the magazine to full capacity. I thought it was top heavy too, until I started actually shooting it. I am speaking of the C9 model, however. I don't own any of the other caliber pistols.

I have a Hi Point JCP which I really like. It's accurate, recoil is easy on the hands and it's a blast to shoot. It sits right next to my COLT M1911 MK IV SERIES 70 GOLD CUP NATIONAL MATCH. It shoots almost as accurately as the Colt and is cheaper to shoot.

I would doubt if the magazine and chamber are long enough for a 7.62x25. If you want to shoot the 7.62x25 get a T33 clone or cz52. The t33 guns are available for 200 dollars and shipping and transfer. They are amazing to shoot.
I agree, having just purchased a very nice TTC and it's rapidly becoming my favorite hand gun and round. Although I'm seriously looking at a Hi Point .45, mainly because of the price. To me it sounds like way to much trouble to go through just to be able to shoot the 7.62 round.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.