Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the highest receiver production number produced by Springfeild Armory before production was stopped? Ive read in the 6million range but with no definate answer on the last numbered receiver. But here is the deal,I saw and looked at a Garand from SA. this week in the very low 7million range. And this was a real SA. Garand not a knock off. This was a reimport that looks like it has never been shot after the test fire... So whats the deal what is the last receiver number, does anyone really know?

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
It was in last months Garand Collector's Journal at 6,100,499. The last few were done with scattered serial numbers being off by a few hundred each. Why this was done is still a mystery. I know the second highest owners at 6,100,2** I forget his last two digits but it is for sale if I remember correct. Get the GCA journal as it is fun to read.

The 7 mill are knock offs from Springfield Inc. which has no association with the real Springfield Armory. Many think they are the same but this is far from the truth. They make good rifles but are not a U.S. collectors rifle for war collector's. Rick B

1 - 2 of 2 Posts