close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hillary Clinton VP idea downplayed

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, May 13, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I think I would prefer Talaban like laws to this....From the Maimi Harald.

Posted on Mon, May. 13, 2002

Hillary Clinton VP idea downplayed
    Associated Press

ALBANY, N.Y. — A spokeswoman for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton sought Monday to downplay a report that some Democratic power brokers, including her husband, were suggesting she might be a good candidate for vice president in 2004.

"Senator Clinton has repeatedly said she is going to serve out her full, six-year term," said Karen Dunn, the New York senator's press secretary.

The statement has been interpreted to rule out a presidential bid by Clinton in 2004. Asked if the statement also meant she would not accept a nomination for vice president in 2004, Dunn simply repeated the statement. She refused to go beyond that.

Quoting unidentified sources, the New York Daily News reported Monday that when asked about the chance his wife might run for president in 2004, former President Clinton's response is: "I think she'd make a better vice presidential candidate."

The President Clinton's spokeswoman, Julia Payne, declined to comment on the Daily News report.

The tabloid quoted consultant Tom O'Donnell, a former top aide to House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt, as saying the senator will "probably be at the top of the list" when it comes to potential vice presidential candidates.

Gephardt is considered a potential 2004 presidential candidate.

There has been speculation ever since then-first lady Hillary Clinton won the Senate seat from New York in 2000 that she would someday run for the White House. She has refused to rule out that possibility except for the 2004 presidential race.

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Gephardt AND Hillary? Gawd,I'll move to France!

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Hillary's wife said the same thing when he was elected Governor of Arkansas in 1990. He was going to stay in as governor, and run for President after his term as Governor expired. Well, we all know what happened next........

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I still think Bill, Hillary, Reno, and Albert should be rotting in prison. I still do not get George H.W. Bush throwing his reelection. I do not get Dole throwing his campaign. I do not understand what the Senate did with Clinton's impeachment.