Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4,270 Posts
Think I would be more worried about the after dip. Over or under compensating for dip during recovery. As happens with most of the heavier "hot" caliber guns.
If any appreciable climb from high bore axis.
A lot of weight there.
I would probably shoot that gun low after the first shot. It would probably take a while to muscle memory train against that.

· Registered
MSR Shooter and Builder, Precision Bolt Action Rim & Center Fire enthusiast. Glock & 1911 pistoleer
8,611 Posts
The absolutely worse thing I ever fired was an open bolt MAC-10 pistol. Yep, the old pre ATF ruling against them one. At least half the weight was in that bolt that of course slammed forwards to fire. Without a stock and a suppressor or barrel extension on it was useless.

· Registered
10,684 Posts
The absolutely worse thing I ever fired was an open bolt MAC-10 pistol. Yep, the old pre ATF ruling against them one. At least half the weight was in that bolt that of course slammed forwards to fire. Without a stock and a suppressor or barrel extension on it was useless.
MAC 10, the gun that made the '80s roar! I have one and its a blast to shoot if you have a few thousand rounds you want to get rid of fast! but, as the old '80s saying goes; "they are only good for shooting Columbians in elevators". the sight are purely ornamental. with a suppressor or barrel extension they are controllable, but you shoot it like you would squirt with a garden hose. 😁

· Registered
1,259 Posts
I have a 10mm in a 1911 and I have a 400 Corbon that I load to exactly the same velocity, over 680 foot pounds. They are noisy and make a flame out the front. Not quite the 41 mag they claim and not even close to 44 mag, but, most people do not enjoy the full power loads for very long.

That said, when you can double the power of 45 acp ball in the same gun, your chanced of surviving a bear attack or something like that go way up. If you are the victim of a drive-by shooting, your odds of shooting thru the door of that car and tagging one or two of it's occupants go way up.

Not a fan of the big bulky high point. But if you can buy these at $200 each, and you actually spent time in harms way, bear country, guetto, etc, having one in the truck would be a welcome addition to the trip. The size should really help with the recoil, and there is plenty.

The MAC 10 weighs 50 ounces empty and this one only weighs 49 ounces and in a beauty contest, I call it a draw. If you would carry a MAC 10, this would be about the same. And by the way, a MAC 10 Suppressed and held by the suppressor will easily make gallon jugs dance at 100 yards. I suspect this one would too. A High Point in a 9mm to me, is goofy, in a 10mm, not so much. It looks a lot like the big 45 acp H and K.

And here they are side by side.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

And another view;

Font Auto part Gun barrel Cylinder Gun accessory

And the price. High Point $200. H and K $1,079.99. Both big guns.

Or maybe this old gun.

Font Wood Music Rectangle Cylinder
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Yes it is bigger, and holds 2 more bullets, 8+1 and 10+1.

Truck gun? $200 vs. $1,000.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts