Gun and Game Forum banner

HK 94/ ATI AT94/ MP5 Clone

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TACAV 
#1 ·
So I just got a chance to handle the ATI imported Turkish manufactured HK94. Apparently this manufacturer is licensed by HK to produce their products, using HK tooling. Feels pretty good and solid.

My local fun shop says they'll be getting more in. I'll be very interested in picking one up and Form 1/SBR'ing it.

#2 ·
Are you going to SBR the fixed stock carbine type (like the MP5 A4,) or the MP5k type one? Or the collapsible navy type one?

My friend and his brother own and have done a couple class 3 conversions with one being an SP89 MP5k clone as a registered full auto sear gun.

Apparently while the ATI ones are supposedly made on the old HK tooling, one of them has a slightly different stock trunnion. that requires some extra gunsmithing if you wanted to add a collapse able Navy type stock or something.

I forget Ill have to ask him the details.

I was considering SBRing one of these myself. Its expensive though, about $1,300 for the stock gun, then you have To get a factory HK barrel for the HK 3 lug barrel device, and some other parts it gets expensive. Like $3,000 total expensive lol after you price everything out including the NFA stamp.

I suppose you could just do it the cheaper way and just cut down the existing ATI barrel. All depends on just how "authentic" you want it to be.

These ATI guns all use the old MP5 lower receiver design with the finger groves, smaller selector switch, and the older thin handguard.

The modern MP5s lower receivers are more ambidextrous and have a cleaner look to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.