Gun and Game Forum banner

HK416 was the gun that took out Bin Laden

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  billy 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
I expect that now some guy with an unkempt beard with a funny hat and uses his fingers to wipe his butt will now issue a fatwa against H & K........

tom
Yup. Same *stuff* - different Day ~ except now UBL or OBL (or whatever the hell ITS name WAS) is a"GONER"!! ;) HAH!!!

(Thanks to admin for puttin' this where it belonged ... I SWEAR I L00KED, and didn't see an HK sub-forum...? ~~~ I reckon "l00ked" TOO QUIK!)

#6 ·
Well now, this will certainly be good press for the HK 416/417. Maybe ... just maybe, enough eyes will be on this rifle to give it the popularity and covereage needed to replace the M16A4 and M4 with a 6.8mm version of the HK. Just thinking ...

#8 · (Edited)
misinformed amby.
double tapped but not both to the head.
article wrong about that, then probably gun also.
navy seals issued weapon is m4. more likely used
I'm supposing there was a one word error (editing mistake/misquote):

"Two military gear blogs, citing multiple insider sources, credit the highly reliable HK416 rifle, an M-16 type weapon, with the "double tap" of 5.56 mm bullets to bin Laden's head [sic] (body)".

My understanding is that U.S. News & World Report is generally a reliable and credible source.

"I've just heard from a SOCOM vet," says Military Times "He tells me the stack of SEAL assaulters from Red team that went through Osama bin Laden's bedroom door were running HK416s."

My understanding is also that (surgeons that these guys are) they may go on 10 missions and use 11 (or 20 even?) different weapons.

Lastly, I'm simply forwarding the article which was forwarded to me...I certainly take no claim for it's accuracy.

#12 ·
We all know how wonderfully effective those camel-humper "fatwas" are. Doesn't matter what weapon was used, that barstage needed to die, even though he was only the public frontman. I always had doubts he was the true brains behind that tango gang. He was a convenient sacrificial goat. But he needed to die.

Reactions: neophyte
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.