Hmm.... $132.69

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Pred, May 21, 2008.

1. Pred

Pred Guest

Well... this is nice..

Edit... just for you TACAV

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

:)

Cant say Im TOO happy about it though.:sad2:

3. The oil price is getting out of hand and pretty much only the us and europe are feeling it. The countries like china and india have price control on gas prices to protect them selves. I dont know why china can pull that off but we cant. Right now opec and big oil is telling us bend over and take it then say "thank you sir may I have a nother><" I have been good about cutting my driving by more then 60% to save on gas and now im so frustrated because I wanted to go down to cali for a couple days after I enlist in the military and go visit with my cousin and my brother and niece before I get shipped off. The cost of gas has completely killed that plan so the best I can afford to do now is make a phone call before I get shipped off to bootcamp.

4. Pred

Pred Guest

Oh.... $133.17 is what it closed at.

5. It could be because in China the govt. controls everything because they own everything.

6. TACAV

The gas in China sold to the chinese people is capped at $2 a gallon. Obviously with the world price per barrel increasing someone is losing money. The chinese govt enforces the cap on the basis that the large refineries and distributors have to make up the costs.

The common people never continue to pay the same.

7. I get that but the government isnt going to buy gas at say 10 "for simplisity" dollars a galon then use price controle to make it sell for 2 dollars a galon. This would send any governement into spinning into the red and go bankrupt. So I want to know how they are buying fule cheaply for them selves to give their people the savings via price control?

8. Pred

Pred Guest

I think you all underestimate greed in Washington....

9. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Guest

Just went over $134.00 in after hours trading...

Settled at $134.17 for the day..

10. Hammer blows . . .

. . . on the American family.

And, as always, the ecocentric three in the race for president
    offer no solution for those in need.

Why, oh why, cannot we have a candidate for the middle class?

11. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

I was listening to NPR on and off all day today. I was listening how sales of SUVs have plummeted, and that the average used SUV sits on the market around 20 to 30 days longer than any other automobile. I guess the good news is, if you are in the market to buy a used SUV, you can probably get them to come down in a price a bit.

12. Pred

Pred Guest

I'm actually thinking about it. Seeing as how my wifes car is a '00-'01 with just over 30,000 miles on it, gas is not a huge issue for us.

13. LoL I wonder If I should start a betting pool on how long untill the oil industry will say the equivalent of marie antoinettes "let them eat cake" about our gas problems? LOL I wonder if the oil industry will get their taste of what the corrupt elites in france in 1789 threw 1799 recieved from the common people lol. I doubt that anyones gonna get the guillotine over this crisis but I will admit it gave me chuckle thinking about the CEOs of the oil companies in one while I watched them address congress at a hearing today.

14. TACAV

yea and in China the sales of the largest SUVs has skyrocketed too as now everyone over there wants the biggest and best now that they are industrializeing.

15. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

Man freedom sure does spread like wild fire!

16. I think the reason the gas prices is not coming down and keep going up is because it is half own by the president and the vice president of the United States of America. (Exxon Mobil)

17. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

China probably owns the other half and the high prices we pay allows them to freeze the price to the Chinese people.

Pred, how much higher do you think gas will have to go to start SHTF?

18. The poops hitting the fan now wind walker gas went up 4 dollars a barrel in 24 hours. Gas has more then doubled in 1 years time and there is no end in sight.

19. Don't forget windwalker the Chinese can build more refineries if they need them and they pay the workers in "rice". They also don't have to make "clean" gas like us. If you get rid of health care cost, safety standards, union salaries, high grade low sulfur diesel and cleaner burning lead free gasoline that doesn't have to meet cafe standards then you can keep the fuel cost lower. Not to mention if they don't like the prices they pay then they withhold their products from the OPEC nations.

20. Pred

Pred Guest

Honestly I don't know. As someone said(maybe in another thread) look for more and more businesses to go under, especially the smaller stores and restaurants. Food has gone up more recently then in the past 20 years according to new reports. I think diesel will be a bigger factor then gas. When diesel gets up to $5.50+ we may be in trouble. This is not a simple up and down span as people like to think... Our way of life is about to change. Most of us have/had it better then a majority of the world. How we deal with that will be the deciding factor. Iran will play a huge role in this. If the US or Israel attacks Iran and another war starts, gas will hit that $10 mark very quickly.