Hog Heaven

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rambo, May 12, 2008.

1. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    Some pics from south Texas this past February We shot the crap outa hogs. I used my little friend, an AR with Gen III NVD and cleaned up late at night.

Attached Files:

2. looks like alot of good eating

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Hawg huntin

Rambo: Sir; ya'll had quite an outing:) How late into the evening did ya'll hang out?

4. sell33

sell33 G&G Enthusiast

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I would love to go hog hunting kinda wish we had some more around, they are extremely rare here.

5. Rambo

America
    The others went back for dinner at dark (7pm). I stayed out and the hogs started coming in to the waterhole about 8pm. I would shoot one in the ear, drop it in it's tracks and the rest would run off. About a half hour later and in they came again. Bang and off they'd go. It was kinda fun.

6. sell33

sell33 G&G Enthusiast

so how man did you get total??

7. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Thanks for the pics. Looks like y'all had a good trip.

8. i dont think it will keep very long in that cooler like it is LOL

9. Rambo

America

12 total down.

10. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Sounds like you had a great time! Congrats.

11. Yep you need a bigger cooler. LOL Thanks for the pic's ! Glad you had a good time.

12. forgunsandgame

forgunsandgame Guest

Rambo, you're all set for a few barbecues there. And was that out on public land somewhere or on a game ranch?

13. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

If you want to send some pork loins or roasts my way I can smoke them and send some back, of course it will be half eaten.

14. Rambo

America

A deer hunting place in south Texas that was being overun with hogs, coyotes and cats. A friend told me about it so we all drove down. First time there but will be going back next Feb 2009.

I'll pick you up next time we head down I-35 for Texas hogs.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  15. felix cortinas

felix cortinas G&G Newbie

overrun with hogs

Rambo, the hogs are good eating during the winter time, but this time of year (warm weather) they are usually full of parasites and I just shoot them and leave them lay. last year we trapped over 600 hogs off of a couple of pastures and didnt make a dent in their numbers. I got a year round lease and several ranches I got permission from landowners to kill or trap as many hogs as I can. they tear up the land so bad with their rooting, the ranchers have a hard time getting their tractors in to work their land, plant, cut and bale hay etc. I usually drive up on them at all hours of the day, so I always carry at least one rifle with me at all times. I live and hunt in south central Texas and we are infested with. I hear our next infestation will be Axis deer in a few years. hope you have good luck next february, there should be lots to shoot.