close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hold Out

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, May 14, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: Hold outs are highly concealable sidearms the same size or smaller than a snubby revolver or a Walther PPK :rolleyes: Like the Seecamp, NAA Guardian or Mini Revolver, Beretta or Taurus .22s & .25s ETC...Mouseguns:p What do y'all think ?:fuss:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

GEE YOU CAN ALWAYS THROW IT AT THEM AFTER YOU **** 'EM OFF! .38 SNUB IS THE MINIMUM FOR CONCEAL!

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

For holdout guns, I highly recommend 2 shot Derringers in 9mm or .38 spl. I do not recommend anything smaller than a .380. Just my opinion.

4. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    well,
    I always carry two guns. My first being a commander .45. My 'hold-out' so to speak is a NAA mini-revolver loaded with five .22 stingers. That NAA you can hide/put it anywhere. I keep it in my cell phone pouch along with my phone, unbelievably small. That's my two-cents. Good Shooting! Eric

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Throw it at them after I p*ss them off...imaginative. I think if I had to pull out and use a mousegun like my .32 PPK/S. I empty the magazine full (8 in the mag , 1 in the chamber) of Glaser Safety Slugs and then start to pummel them about the neck & shoulders is a visual that actually put a smile on my face...a little too farfetched to entertain for more than a minute....still funny though

6. ScottD

ScottD G&G Newbie

I think I would feel better with a good folding knife. One that opens with one hand. Like a Benchmade.

Just feel more comfortable with a blade than a pea shooter. And that is only if I am not carrying a .38.

7. FireStar

FireStar G&G Newbie

As my back'up gun (hold out), I carry a Bryco Arms model 38 in .380 caliber with CCI hollow points. I call it my belly gun, because about the only way it'ill work is if I stick it in the perps 'belly' and squeeze away...(LOL)

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I shoulda called this thread "Mouseguns"

9. E-9

E-9 G&G Newbie

NRAJOE is on target.......When I bring my concealed carry forward
    I plan to kill with one shot,,, not injure, not to **** some one off.

.............................................E-9 ...........................................

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

p*ssed off that they died from a buch of little bitty bullets instead of shrugging them off until they got hit with a "real" bullet maybe...

11. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The derringers are way more concealable, same caliber, same barrel length, no cylinder gap, and fewer moving parts. E-9, if you are planning on one stop shots, why are you going with Joe's suggestion over mine? Just curious as to your reasoning.

12. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

He never did answer Klaus, What's up with that ?...My point is nobody wants to get shot at even from a "Peashooter" .22lr derringer

13. NRAJOE

Man this is old LD, it's even before I knew how to type! LOL! Forgot all about E-9, wonder where all these people go to?

14. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I used to carry a Taurus 85 on my vest for a back up....good gun for the $$$....now I have a Glock 27 on the vest when on duty....great gun!

15. Mon Bathan

Mon Bathan G&G Newbie

I am fairly good in throwing fan or butterfly knives to the target. I carry two of these when we go out hunting or when times are critical. Much, much cheaper too but it takes awhile before you can master the art.

Off topic, but just to share what's easier for me to carry as an added "buddy".

Mon

16. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Never bring a knife to a gunfight !....

17. Well you could look at it this way as long as you didn't drop your knife you wouldn't run out of ammo. Other than that I totally agree. Hope you ain't dead.

18. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I always have a knife on me I have to admit...It's a Firefighter knife that the Chief and the Assistant Chief handed out with the Fire Dept baseball caps when we had our annual Fire Dept dinner..

19. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I got a NAA Guardian .32ACP

20. NRAJOE

I was looking at an AMT backup in stainless .45 caliber for $199 a couple of days ago in a gunshop. But the price tag said "as is"...that held me off. Was gonna ask what that meant, but everyone was busy. Maybe next time if its still there. Wasn't much bigger than a .380.