close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

holdoff info. for a mini30

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by guydudeman, Apr 18, 2002.

1. guydudeman

guydudeman G&G Newbie

I don't have a tactical scope or anything so I've been fiddling with "holdoff". The army sniper manual FM23 has some graph's and data for a long barrel M24 that is excellent - it shoot's a 7.62 also, but it's not quite the same. Do any of you mini 30 officianados have any data or any experience with holdoff? I usually zero at 200yds. How many inches above target should I have my crosshairs at 300yds and how many below at 100? Is there a trajectory chart for the 30? thanks foks.

2. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

There are charts for the 7.62x39 a good reloading manual should have them but the only way to know for sure is to shoot the ammo you are useing at the range. the 7.62x51 has more horse power than the x39 so the graph's don't really work,the x39 is more like the 30-30 win in muzzle velocity/engery and 150 to 175 yards is max for the 30-30 on deer. It is posable to lob rounds out to 300 yards but you are looking at paper plate size groups at best at worst barn size...But no matter what the charts say the only way to know is to shoot it yoursalfe....