Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
I have been using PVC to make target stands for the last 15 years. I found they were less expensive, and faster to make than wood framed ones. The only major drawback is that they don't work so well on windy days.

·
The outer edge of civilization
13,923 Posts
I have been using PVC to make target stands for the last 15 years. I found they were less expensive, and faster to make than wood framed ones. The only major drawback is that they don't work so well on windy days.
That's easy to fix. Make or get some sandbags to put on the feet. Or stake them out like you would a tent. :)

·
Registered
20,081 Posts
Between you and ncnascarlady I got it now. You gots to splain things to me ! :D

I fear the tough guy lefties would trash the signs in about 2 second flat and you wouldn't get much bang for your buck.
Hmmm...I guess we'd need to fill the PVC pipes with that indelible ink that they use in bank note packs, or put a thin membranous layer between the signs filled with a mixture of catfish stink bait, doe-in-heat and onion water.

Every protestor should have the right to defend himself from attack.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
That's easy to fix. Make or get some sandbags to put on the feet. Or stake them out like you would a tent. :)
Been there, done that. If I'm going to mess with all of that, I'd rather use the wood frames I designed. They have long 2x4 wood support "feet" and do not blow around.

Calm days, I use the PVC frames. Windy days, I use the wood frames. Rainy days, I go to the range, under the covered area, and shoot at their target frames.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,384 Posts
Have you ever thought about filling them with sand?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,384 Posts
Hmmm...I guess we'd need to fill the PVC pipes with that indelible ink that they use in bank note packs, or put a thin membranous layer between the signs filled with a mixture of catfish stink bait, doe-in-heat and onion water.
Butyl Mercaptin. They break the PVC pipe open, and in just a few seconds the antifas will disperse, holding their noses and screaming. Pity we couldn't figure out a way to pressurized them and give the ba$tards a real dose of fun!

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Could you fill the pvc with that play sand? It would probably add 5 lbs of weight at the feet.
I probably would use scavenged lead, instead, but then I am back to the "weight" thing, again.

Reactions: Moroco Mole

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Been there, done that. If I'm going to mess with all of that, I'd rather use the wood frames I designed. They have long 2x4 wood support "feet" and do not blow around.

Calm days, I use the PVC frames. Windy days, I use the wood frames. Rainy days, I go to the range, under the covered area, and shoot at their target frames.
Like the idea of wood frames too. These were made to take apart and walk down to the end of my uncles 200 yard long corn field. But actually thinking about making wood pinking stands for shooting charcoal ect. from.
You got a pick of your stands? Would like too see them. I'm all for taking ideas and making them my own!

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PS. THE DISASSEMBLY AND REASSEMBLY issue was important to me as my only current reliable vehicle is a Malibu,:( and If I want to shoot more than 25 yards I have some driving to do. Plus, my uncle wont let me drive a 4 wheeler on his place,(trouble with kids before). And 200 yards is Quite a carry when I need to practice with my longer range stuff.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts