Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Did I just see a mosin with a grenade launcher in the first picture?

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Sure, you know where they got all of them don't you? They went through all that they made people turn over and now have one hell of a museum.

Taint right. It just taint right!!!

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure, you know where they got all of them don't you? They went through all that they made people turn over and now have one hell of a museum.

Taint right. It just taint right!!!

Its actually the place where the lithgow 303 was made.Along with so many other firearms.Plus they made other things to.The old factory stands behind the museum.I would like a dollar for every rifle they made.They also made bren guns,L1A1 slr,steyr aug,minimi and so much more.The ADI powder factory was there too.Making ammunition for 5.56,7.62,and some of the larger rounds like 50bmg and 20mm.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Wasn't sure irish. Sometimes I think I'm more pissed they did that to you all more then some Aussies are? lol For me, out of my dead cold stiff hands...

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
You guys in the states, Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Aberdeen Maryland has a museum that will blow your socks off. Maybe a little trouble getting into because of war on terror. Check their web site for details.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Beautiful pics Bro! (I am drowning in envy...:196:)
Thanks for sharing them with us....I bet you spent hours in there. (I'd bring a sleeping bag, myself)

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
If anyone would like to define the word awe. All they have to do is look at those pictures and they will get the idea! Like a kid in a candy store!

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beautiful pics Bro! (I am drowning in envy...:196:)
Thanks for sharing them with us....I bet you spent hours in there. (I'd bring a sleeping bag, myself)
Hahhahahah,we did camp in lithgow that night bro but in a hotel.And we were waiting at the door for opening time.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Great pictures Murph, thanks for showing us. I will make it there one day, looks like a lot of fun. I also enjoy going to the war memorial whenever i am in Canberra.

Do you think they would notice if i snuck out with that Bren gun? I have wanted to have a shot of one of them since i was a kid.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes nathan the bren is high on my list.The old man said they werent as good for a support machine gun.Way to accurate,would cut someone in half and not mark anyone else in the zone.But i would take the lewis just because i love them.I have a magazine for a lewis.Pity i dont have the rest.

The australian war memorial is one of my favourite places to visit.I can spend a day in there and still not see the whole lot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts