Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out when this gun was made. Does anyone have any information on locating this?

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Hopkins and Allen was in business from 1868-1917, Taken over by Marlin Rockwell in 1917, later purchased by Numrich Arms. They made a Hammer type double Barrel, A Hammerless Double barrel, and 3 models of Single barrel with hammer shotguns, one of which had a Damascus Barrel.
Rich

·
Registered
209 Posts
Are you serious they are that old? I have a Hopkins & Allen 16G from my grandfather. It says Hopkins and Allen but does that mean it can be one of the other manufactures as well? I wouldn't think so but stuff like that can happen. If its as old as i think it is, it still shoots pretty well and is in great shape for a gun being used in the field. Is there anything on the gun itself that can tell a manufacture date? All I can find is Hopkins & Allen Arms Company Norwich, CONN USA.
It's cool to see someone else whose got one of these.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Are you serious they are that old? I have a Hopkins & Allen 16G from my grandfather. It says Hopkins and Allen but does that mean it can be one of the other manufactures as well? I wouldn't think so but stuff like that can happen. If its as old as i think it is, it still shoots pretty well and is in great shape for a gun being used in the field. Is there anything on the gun itself that can tell a manufacture date? All I can find is Hopkins & Allen Arms Company Norwich, CONN USA.
It's cool to see someone else whose got one of these.
Its H&A....What shotgun do you have, single Hammerless, double ?...falling block, boxlock, ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts