close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hornady Critical Defense Water Jug Test Today

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by bassoneer, Feb 7, 2009.

1. bassoneer

bassoneer G&G Addict

I went to the Norris, TN Police Dept range this afternoon and did some water jug testing - something I really enjoy doing. It is a mixture of science and being a kid. Anyway, I will make two posts for the two types of ammo. This one will cover the new Hornady Critical Defense in .38 +P. I only had enough jugs to do one test of this ammo, but it did perfectly. I shot it from a S&W 638 Airweight (shrouded hammer, 1 7/8" barrel). It went into the third water jug (milk jugs) and expanded perfectly. I would like to do some more tests once it warms up, but for now I'm fairly impressed. I didn't think to look for the little red rubber insert when retreiving the bullet - next time I will. Take a look at the photos...Later, B

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/mdritter/bulleta022.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/mdritter/bulleta020.jpg

2. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

Those look great B. I'm going to have to pick some of those up. I'm impressed. I'd like to try some in .380 too. Tests well done

3. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

I've been wanting to try those. I haven't seen them in stores around here yet.

4. bassoneer

bassoneer G&G Addict

I ordered these from Cabela's. Believe it or not, I also saw some at a gun show here in Knoxville, but I already had these on order. I figured all the hype was just marketing BS, but it really did wonderful. I know guys with .380's and 9mm's...I am going to ask if they'll test the other calibers too. I was impressed. Later, B

5. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

I'm going to Bass Pro today after a range trip. I hope they have some Critical Defense.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted