Houston area....

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Oct 2, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Alan, Klaus, Fullmetaljack.....

How y'all doing out there. Evac's coming your way? Been watching the news about the hurricane....

What about you Tommy? They're saying Louisana is going to get the brunt of it....

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Hope y'all keep your heads down and you and yours are safe and dry!

3. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

Keep your heads DOWN guys.Wouldint want to lose you.

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Being in San Antonio, we don't usually catch the brunt of the storm. We're about three hours from Houston. But we will catch the endless rains in the aftermath, that's for sure.

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

YEA...DUCK!!!

and keep a snorkel handy for high waters!!! check in after it blows over!!!:(

6. NRAJOE

Seen it was a class 4 on the weather channel...check in you guys so we know your okay!

7. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I saw where some 300, 000 people were evacuated today. That sure seems like a huge number, but that's what they said. Houston and east.

8. Mon Bathan

Mon Bathan Guest

Wishin' for your safety and wellness guys!!

Mon

9. Mick

Mick G&G Addict

I saw this on the news this morning, they where interveiwing locals about it, I couldn't understand a thing they where saying, does everone talk like that? or is it just the reporters finding the most southern accents they could?

10. NRAJOE

So wheres our Texas buddys at? No one has checked in yet!

11. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Well, none from the Houston area that is. I did see where Klaus was in here earlier today though. Our Louisiana buddies haven't checked in to my knowledge...... Bunch of mandatory evac's in those areas though.

12. NRAJOE

Yeah, I seen on the weather channel that Louisana was gonna get hit hard! They say we're just gonna get soaking rains and mild winds on friday. Hope everyone else is that lucky!

13. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Saw rock on here also. He's from somewhere in TX.....

14. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Another hurricane has avoided me. With all the time I have spent in the Gulf Coast and South Pacific, you'd think I have seen at least ONE hurricane or typhoon. Every time one comes near me, it veers off course. The landfalls in Houston, Guam, and the Phillipines always occur when I am elsewhere.

15. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Klaus, I'll bet we all catch some pretty good rain though! Even more mosquitos will hatch and come after me. Maybe I'll get one from the EAST Nile this time LOL!

16. Hello all--well this storm missed us completely not even a drop of rain. She gave Louisiana a hard time. Could have been worse.
    Klaus I would just as soon not go through another hurricane. Alicia in "83" was enough for me.