close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How about the............

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Jul 15, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    .41 MAGNUM?
    :fuss:
    I know a few people who have used it. They seem to like it. Most of the big complainers Iv'e met have never shot one. The only draw back I see is limited projectile selection, & the .44 being more popular
    Who shoots 'em & what do you think?

Sorry about baiting you in on the subject line. I didn't think any one would open it if they seen .41 Mag first

2. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I seem to instantly like off beat calibers. I've been a fan of 10mm, 41 mag, 357 sig, 38 super & 45 super. You have to discover the convenience of reloading & making ammo for the calibers you like ;):insane:

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Cult Classic...deserves to be more popular than it is...

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

There just was no demand for the .41mag. Revolvers big enough for the .41 could just as easily chamber the .44 mag, so what was the point? The .41 is a fine round, but no manufacturer was going build frames specifically designed for it. The .357 already had service guns covered, and the .44 had the big guns covered.

5. Actually the 44 mag is .429 compared to the 41 which is a true 41. And mostly was Klaus has said is the truth. You can, however, do a lot more with the 41 than most people realize.

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I never said the .44 mag WASN't .429". .357s are good, and the .41 is more powerful, but it can't compete with a .44mag.

7. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I'm not going to go out on a limb and claim any thing is better than the other. Some believe the .41 has a flatter trajectory than the venerable .44. I don't know, never shot one. Just an interesting caliber. Like all orphans, they deserve a home. Don't you agree?

8. Like the 10mm, the .41 mag never enjoyed a large following. Both very fine performers, just never really caught on. If I wasn't considering a .454 Casull, I'd have no problem owning and shooting the .41 mag...

9. Had a S&W Model 57. Sweet gun. I would double tap with it and have two holes in center of mass, one about one inch above the other. Wish I had kept it.