close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How About Them P Series In 9mm?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by NRAJOE, May 10, 2002.

1. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I HAVE A P95 DC IN STAINLESS THAT IS AN EXCELLENT SHOOTING GUN. I HAD A P SERIES IN .45 BUT DID NOT LIKE THE WAY THAT SHOT. I BOUGHT A 1911 FOR .45 SHOOTING. I THINK THE P SERIES IN 9 MM IS A EXCELLENT ALL AROUND GUN. WITH THE STAINLESS SLIDE AND POLYMER FRAME IT IS A LOW MAINTENANCE GUN THAT HAS A GOOD CAPACITY AND HANDLES WELL. IT IS NO MATCH TARGET GUN BUT IS VERY ACCURATE WITH PRACTICE AND WHAT ITS INTENDED FOR.

2. holyokster

holyokster G&G Newbie

I have a KP90D and a P89D and love both of them. I like the .45 better because of it's accuracy over the 9mm. I like the 9mm because ammo is about half the price of 45. A famous gunwriter once said, "only accurate guns are interesting." That's how I feel about the KP90D. It's said the P97 is even more accurate than the P90. I may be saving up for one of those soon.

3. NRAJOE

I HAD A P 89 A LONG TIME AGO AND CAN'T REMEMBER WHY I GOT RID OF IT. I USED TO TRADE AND SWAP LIKE CRAZY BEFORE EVERYTHING GOT SO SERIOUS. NOW I KEEP WHAT I GET. WISH I HAD THAT 89 BACK THOUGH! :(

4. DougW

DougW G&G Newbie

NRAJOE, I had a P89 MK2 that would hold a 12" group at 10 yards all day long! Never did figure out what the problem there was. Sold it and bought a P95 when they first hit the market. Never looked back since then. Now have added a beautiful P94 in 9mm with a Black anodized frame and blued slide. Wicked looking gun! Added the wrap around grips, shoots like a dream. :target:

5. NRAJOE

CAN'T BEAT THEM RUGERS!

6. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

My first duty weapon was a P95DC. Loved it. My wife carries it in her purse now as a concealed carry. She's real good with it. Great gun for a small price.

Last edited: May 16, 2002
  7. practical

practical G&G Newbie

My first P

I actually bought one yesterday. A perfect P95DC from the local shop. I'm already feeling at home with it after 100rds. It be a lot easier to buy something other than a ruger if they all weren't so **** nice. Anybody want to contribute to the get Eric a All-Weather Red Label over/under fund?? :p

8. I have the P89 in S.S.one of my favorites.No problem with the 25yd gongs.Feeds anything I want to use,in 9mm.

9. DavidW

DavidW G&G Newbie

I have a KP-93DC and a KP-90DC, both of which I enjoy very much. I'm considering putting a lighter hammer return spring in the 93 because the trigger has always been kind of heavy but the the overall function has always been great. Ditto for the 90, the only problem I ever had with it was when I tried to feed it some Russian Wolf ammo. Talk about a disaster! I tend to shhot the 93 more just because 9mm is easier on the wallet. i have nine mags for the 93 and six for the 90. It is darn hard to beat Ruger performance for what you pay for them, and it's always lots of fun to outshoot someone with some high dollar gun who spent even more tricking the piece out. I'm sure that there are Rugers that are built on Monday or Friday, but I've never had one, and I currently have four in my battery right now. You can keep shooting them, pass them along to your kids and they can shoot them, because you have to do something really stupid to a Ruger to tear it up.

10. If I had a choice I would own a Sig.-- Why? very well made pistol.
    But since I don't my Ruger P-89 DC does just fine. The accuracy is as good as the above, how do I know? Well I shot them both at the range. Other than the fact of a $200 dollar difference I'll keep my Ruger. If that's o.k.