close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How about...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Apr 8, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

How about a forum dedicated to discussing gun laws of all sorts?

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I'm smelling barracks lawyers and potential liability.

3. BattleRifleG3

Not a bad observation. Maybe add a disclaimer, or something to say that it's a place for discussion between individuals? It's just an idea anyway.

4. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I've been thinking about that... the only problem is the liability issue, kind of like the classified page. Every state has different laws, and since this is the internet... well you see what I'm getting at. The other issue you have to consider is what type of information people are looking for concerning gun laws: 03 C&R, 01 FFL, NFA laws, explaination of sec.922, ect. We'd almost have to have several sub-forums and moderators for each.I'll look into it. We haven't even embraced a disclaimer for the classified page yet due to the broad liability it entails.

Jesse

5. BattleRifleG3

Thanks for the consideration. I understand it's a tricky issue.

6. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    What about a "page" or link that shows or sums up those laws? No discussion, just the facts. They are pretty confusing, at least to me. The who, what, where, and when about your gun and what you can and can't do to it can turn my brain into mush in about 3 seconds. The laws already get discussed, might as well have its own room. I do understand why you wouldn't though, so its your sight, your choice. Just my thoughts....

-Tim

7. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I think the main issues concerning that type of forum are: liability, reliable information, and the time it takes to moderate such a forum. Maybe I can work up a set of links going to sites that give such information in text already written.

Jesse