How are you spending your stimulus check?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mad Hatter, May 2, 2008.

1. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Guest

I want to find out how all of us are planning to use the stimulus check ? The pros on Wall St. say that the money will burn a hole in the pockets of us average Americans, I want to see if thats true..

Myself, I will use it to pay down credit card dept..

2. the government is going to help buy me a new firearm.

3. cubbieman

cubbieman Guest

a major portion of the people here are paying heating bills, most of the rest are paying other bills

I'm putting mine in my car fund

4. Marine1

Marine1 Guest

By placing it into my checkbook, and trying to "stimulate" it!

5. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Help in repaying college loans. I really want a Ruger SP101 but that will have to wait.

6. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

It will buy me at least 1 gun.

7. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Bought my Sig Stainless P220 carry elite with my economic stimulus "futures." -- might be a Ruger .22 autoloader in my future as well (if I can convince my wife that I've "always had it.")

8. MrsS

MrsS G&G Enthusiast

1 gun for the husband, christmas money for the 3 teenage kids and the rest to my lil' one's bank account (when I get the darned check!).

9. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

All mine goes to bills. I will have to save my pennies for guns. Come to think of it, I haven't bought another gun since my SKS!! Gag! I have been poor latley.

10. Seven©

Seven© G&G Evangelist

WNC
    Got mine today! Woot! Via direct deposit.

Getting a DPMS Panther. ASAP. Hopefully next week.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist

What do you think "the powers that be" will think if 90% of all Americans by weapons with their tax rebate check??????

12. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Guest

I think that "the powers that be" ...will re-think the state of the economy. ;)

13. I'll be spending it on things made in the USA!

14. Screw paying down a credit card. Them pricks aren't even lowering interest rates, MHO that is, anytime the Feds. have lowered the rates. Then, as on the news tonight, if they did lower them, it wasn't by much, and instead of putting the lower rates towards the higher balance, they put it towards the lower balances.

I mean don't get me wrong, I pay more then my minimum every month, but I'm not about to give them money I wasn't or shouldn't be getting. lol I'm gonna by myself a gun and get a tattoo, that's if there's enough left. If not, then I'll buy some ammo or something else. Hell, I might even actually fill my gas tank up completely for a change. That'll take about $60 bucks I'm guessing, seeing as how $20 bucks barely gives me slightly more than a 1/4 of a tank anymore.

But I'll not give my CC company squat over the monthly payment + some. lol And in my honest opinion, the flipping CC companies could help us out a little. I mean, reducing our interest by a measly 1% isn't going to cause them to go broke. God forbid the CEO don't make 4 or 5 million this year with a 2 million dollar X-mas bonus. I've called a couple of mine telling them to reduce mine as they had no right taking it from 12% to 19%. Especially since I've never had a late payment, never defaulted on a loan or done any other thing that would justify it. And if they didn't, I'd close the account and if it had a balance on it, I'd transfer it to another one, which I do anyhow, after all, you gotta play the game. I mean that's why on one, I'm paying 2.99% interest until it's paid in full. lol There was even a time I got )% until pai in full. And FYI, they did reduce them. The jerks. Then I charged something on it, paid it off and then still closed it. LMAO. Raise my interest rate thinking I wouldn't notice or care. PFFT!

And by all means, I'll look for a gun made in the good ole USA. Good point deersniper.

With that said, Rugers are still made in the USA aren't they?

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  15. I bought a used marlin 336 30-30 yesterday and am stocking up on powder and bullets for all my reloading.

16. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

progressive press and components

17. Billy my friend, I'm already getting that. lol, in fact, 2 more items to come in off B/O and they'll charge my CC so I can pay it off in full, as I already have the cash for all I'm getting. I got lucky and finally sold a car I've had for years. Lost my butt; would have lost my butt anyway though had I finished it, as you never seem to get out of them what you put into them.

But yea, I'm getting the Hornady Lock N Load AP press, and I think 6 of Hornadies new dies, 4 pistol and 2 rifle along with a host of other stuff, RCBS and LYMAN products as well. Giggity Giggity AWL RIGHT.

To bad you, mooseman, toolman, sbowers and a few others I'd love to have teach/show me the ropes, live so far away.

18. billy

i started with a single press.
    then a turret.
    now i need a progressive.
    i want to start really using my 1911a1.

19. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

I'm buying Mosins...If I can find the ones I want...LOL

Billy I have a deal for YOU !!!
    Rich

20. billy

i have been working a lot and then with this extra $600 i will be able to swing it easily.