How are you? Status Updates/Check-in for March/April Coronavirus Panic

Discussion in 'Survival Discussions' started by BarryHalls, Mar 18, 2020.

1. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Ok, all my symptoms have been pretty mild, barely an inconvenience, but I can't taste food at all. I miss the taste of food.

Actually, not tasting food at all might be better. I can specifically taste salt, grease, and sweetness (though very dull).

I ordered pepperoni pizza for the kids yesterday. I took about three bites because I was starving. The whole thing tasted like upper lip sweat and flat Diet Coke. It turns out that the texture of pepperoni is disgusting when it already tastes awful.

Since that was a disaster I fixed myself a PB&J sandwich. It tasted like those little pots of paste we had when I was little.

Jim Bridger and BarryHalls like this.
  2. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ach! Brother, I let a couple previous posts slip by. Sorry to see you’re in the middle of this garbage.

Will put you and your family on the prayer tree.

Hang tough, sir.

BarryHalls likes this.

3. Cattman

Cattman G&G Evangelist

about bad billing from a hospital. our local hospital 15 mile from our place does it all the time. been here 22 years and they just keep doing it. the bigger ones are better. but you have to go over every thing you get from them or it can happen their also. the worst are the helicopter guys who transport emergency cases. they are criminals who wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over charge. one trip is between 30 to 60 thousand dollars. seven years ago they called me and screamed at me that they knew i had gotten the check for them from the insurance co. dont you dare cash it or spend it on your self. i got so mad i put the check for 30 thousand dollars on top of the fridge and left it their for several weeks. then one day i sent it to them. they got no where with me with that attitude. some local people have been charged 60 thousand dollars for one 150 mile flight. on the rez which transports all the time they only charge 5 thousand dollars to uncle sam. so you can see how they are ripping the rest of us off in the private sector.

BarryHalls likes this.
  4. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

Last time I had some surgery 2 anesthesiologists submitted a claim to the insurance. I only remember 1 guy ever looking at me. They only paid the second one $12 though.

BarryHalls likes this.
  5. Cattman

Cattman G&G Evangelist

when i was a working RN i saw a surgeon who what we called double dipped. he collect money from the hosp he was working in plus from the insurance co. he double dipped. he was a crook. i almost lost a job going head to head with him but i didnt. again he was a crook. that does make all of them crooks or to throw the who thing out the window. go to some southern states and look at the drs. who do handing out drugs by the truck full and getting every one on SSI. they are crooks also. what is need is total control over this sort of thing. also if you got your last stimulis check did you get one for a dead close relative and did you cash it ? my brother in law tore up his but we think my sister cashed one for my mother. i wont bring it up to her but i believe she would do that. their are crooks every wheres and good people also. lets keep it real.

BarryHalls likes this.
  6. shanebrews

So, last week I took my daughter over to the appropriate school and enrolled her for kindergarten. I'm now in the system and get updates via my handy dandy cellphone for what they've got going on. I got my first update yesterday. They left me a message informing me the fall semester is going to be 'virtual'. I'm a fairly smart guy and I made a translation of that BS: the school system wants me to home school her. But hey, they might give me a tablet to help out!

BarryHalls, ncnascarlady and Jaison like this.
  7. shanebrews

In related news I'm attempting to find out how to apply to be a teacher since it seems that job pays upwards of 40 grand and can be done sitting around in my underwear.

BarryHalls, Junction15, rando and 5 others like this.
  8. 46camper

46camper G&G Enthusiast

US
    My kids are adults so I don’t know to much about what the schools are doing. As far as the little kids. My sister and brother in-law are teachers at a vocational school. That school is planning on haveing class 3 days a week. They teach high school kids from 3-4 different high schools.
    My local area fair has been cancelled as far as rides . It’s my understanding they are still going to do 4H program stuff. My work is not getting better. I’m still on reduced hours . Work just isn’t going to recover. Now a few of the employees that were left after the layoffs . A couple of them hardly ever show up for work. I think they are trying to get SSI or some type of disability.
    Or maybe they are just trying to get fired.
    So they can try to get the unemployment . Hate to tell them but if they get fired that the company will fight it.
    I have been to town once since my last check in . Every one is wareing mask it’s mandatory. Our local Walmart is out of some items that I have been trying to get stocked up. Also I have noticed that both Walmart’s that I have been to are very under stocked on there canning supplies . Also there wasn’t much to pick from in vacuum sealers and bags either.
    The Walmart in the next county has more of the things I need and want.
    I’m going in town tomorrow morning. I will check in with everyone.
    As for my family and friends all are healthy.
    I hope you are all doing ok .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. 46camper

46camper G&G Enthusiast

US
    Well so far my trip to town has not been to productive. I did notice that Walmart in Athens county and Hocking county are out of tents. Earlier in the summer they did have a few but not as much as they normally do.
    I’m wondering if that has to do with the Ozark Trail line being made in China ?
    Other than that I have gotten everything that I needed.

BarryHalls and ncnascarlady like this.
  10. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

ChinaMart’s shelves are more empty each time I go in there.

BigEd63 and BarryHalls like this.
  11. we are doing well here in northeast Ks. been retired 30 yrs next Feb. burning less gas. gardening tending beehives. trying to think of new projects to stay busy. don't want to rot in front of tv. frying to stay healthy if either get the virus we will probably both .

BarryHalls, ncnascarlady and Jaison like this.
  12. 46camper

46camper G&G Enthusiast

US
    I think walmart will end up closing . If America stops importing goods from China. Hopefully we start seeing more goods made in America.

13. No chance of that. People have gotten addicted to cheap products at cheap prices.

BarryHalls and Junction15 like this.
  14. PaleHawkDown

I need prayers for my parents. They are not getting over this mess, and it is all they can do to get around.

BarryHalls likes this.
  15. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

16. 46camper

46camper G&G Enthusiast

US
    Sending my prayers

PaleHawkDown, BarryHalls and Jaison like this.
  17. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Prayers sent PHD. Sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad not doing real well.

PaleHawkDown, BarryHalls and Jaison like this.
  18. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

That will pass in time. You will be starving when it does. I have a habit of consuming some Jalapenos, Habaneros and Carolina Ghost peppers most days. Every thing I liked was impossible. Now it is gone and my taste has returned.:)

BarryHalls likes this.
  19. PaleHawkDown

I've had my taste buds back for a couple of days now. Spicy foods are really the only thing I'm craving, though. I ate curry for breakfast, with some extra Thai chilies chopped up and thrown in. I ate pizza with extra jalapenos on it last night.

BarryHalls, Jim Bridger and Jaison like this.