Gun and Game Forum banner

How comprehensive is the warranty?

Hi-Point 
12K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  rusobr2 
#1 ·
I may or may not have recently got a HP 995 in a ATI CX4 style stock. Its kind of beat, but came with 4 mags a red dot, this after market stock and i traded a gun I really didnt care for that was pretty beat up itself. Was wondering if I sent this gun in, in its current stock would the warranty be void? Would they just recondition it and throw it in a hipoint stock? Do any of you guys have any experience with their warranty?

#2 ·
Most have reported that the warranty is great.
However,I have heard that the ATI stock may affect it.I checked the website and the hi-point forum and it goes both ways,some say it will and some say it won't but that hi-point was considering it due to failures caused by the way the stock mounts to the receiver.
I have a 995 with the ATI stock and have had no issues other than a clip falling off.
They have great customer service(they sent the clip free of charge)and seem to back up what they sell.
You may want to find a used stock to put on before you send it back,or just send the barreled receiver.

#3 ·
Call up Hi-Point and talk to them. I suspect the aftermarket stock won't impact it.

By the way, the setup you have -- Model 995 9mm in the "CX-4 Beretta Storm" ATI stock with a good red dot sight is the setup a gunsmith in my area has been selling for about $600 for $300 or so worth of parts and 15 minutes of labor. I've wanted one like that for about ten years now but somehow haven't gotten around to trying to do it myself. Never seem to have the spare cash because the local gun shop has so many interesting things to tempt me.

#5 ·
My guess would be, the warranty would be just fine.

All Hi-Point firearms carry a lifetime, no-questions asked warranty.
Whether you are the original purchaser, or the third-hand owner, your Hi-Point firearm will be repaired free of charge.

Welcome to Hi-Point Firearms!

But I highly doubt, they would replace the stock for FREE.
If I owned the company, I sure as hell would not!

Kinda like buying a used vehicle, that has been repainted.
Then taking it to that brands dealership.
And asking them to check the brakes, under the existing warranty.
They surly arn't gonna repaint it, back to the original color.
With out YOU paying for it.

You asked for my honest opinion! :haha:

#8 ·
i found a 995 in the dump that had been melted down to nuthing in a house fire .i sent it to them and they completly rebuilt it and sent me a new one 3 weeks later.their warranty is the best there is if it's a highpoint they will fix it and send it back with an extra mag no questions asked it doesn't matter if your the 15 guy that owned it they will take care of you .you can mail them your gun and tell them it just needs to be checked over and cleaned and they will take care of that too.this is one of the reasons why i wouldn't hesitate to buy a 10 year old highpoint no matter how beat up it is because all you have to do is send it in and they will update it and send it back looking brand new. you absolutely can't go wrong buying a highpoint they work and if they don't they will make it right.

#9 ·
I wasn't looking for a new stock for free. I just figured they would take the beretta one off and put the 995 one back on. Can you just send in the barreled action?
as for as the stock all you have to do is remove it and tell them it was dropped and it cracked into pieces and they will put a new stock on it and send it back that way you will have two stocks for it.

#12 · (Edited)
You can directly send your gun to a manufacturer or other licensed servicing agent and they can send it directly back to you...perfectly legal. Your gun from and to you...no FFL need be involved.

As a note: My experiences, I have sent guns to S&W, Ruger, Savage, H&R, and Remington...all have sent them back to me direct.

#14 ·
Well it turns out the barrel was OK so the gun shot pretty well, at 50yds with federal cheap stuff i was hitting 7 ring or better with a 5MOA dot with no support sitting down. I just need the irons and one of the receiver cover bolts

#15 ·
just give them a call they will send you those parts out to you but if i was you i would just send them the whole gun and let them go through it they do have some upgrades to some of thier guns and they will do all the upgrades for you while they have it plus clean it and send it back with an extra mag.

#16 ·
I dropped my .45 while cleaning it a few years ago and managed to wedge something down into the frame. Totally my fault, and they offered to talk me through the repair, but I elected to send it back and they fixed it. Now, after several more years of hard use, I finally managed to get it not to fire. When I called them to make arrangements, they told me since it was so old, they would just do a complete rebuild, with new springs and whatever else was called for. I love these things.

#18 ·
I know this is an older thread but just wanted to put in my 2 cents. My cousin bought a barreled action for a 995 off a guy and called Hipoint for the missing parts. The only thing he had to buy was the receiver cover. He didn't even have to send anything in, they sent it right to his house and he put it back together. They were even going to send the new style stock instead of the original if he wanted. I'm glad he went with the original because it now sits in my gun cabinet. I called the company earlier this week asking about a scope mount and they are sending one to me no charge.

#21 ·
Hi-Point has the best warranty ever. It rocks the house. As for me, I had personal experiences with them (1st hand) and they told me that the ATI stock, though it doesn't affect the warranty, isn't the best thing for the firearm as it can eventually break over time, even with an added recoil buffer, and that can damage some vital internals to the gun, which after "a few times" they won't replace anymore. I liked the feel of the Classic stock anyways. They are the best company for warranties, period. They also sent my an updated trigger for my C9 pistol when I mentioned when I bought it. Came in the package with the parts for my 995. I was surprised, flattered, and deeply emotionally touched all at once. :yup:

Reactions: MoDoc
#22 ·
I was surprised, flattered, and deeply emotionally touched all at once. :yup:
Tell us how you really feel ha!

Good for you man.

I am really considering getting my friend's C9 redone by the factory because I know their techs have the know how and current parts to smack back in the thing to get her back up to speed.

He'd probably like it factory re-worked anyways. I know if it was mine I would because like you say, they are the best in the biz on warranty work.

Not that I'm a bad shade tree smith or anything, just sayin'... ;)

#23 ·
I figure that instead of starting a new thread, I would add to this one.
I mailed my 45 to Hi Point last monday with what I thought were problems. I got it back from the post office today. they replaced the slide and firing pin assembly then test fired 4 magazines thru it with no failures. My only cost was the shipping to get it to them. can't beat the customer service.

#24 ·
Just to add to my last post. I thought that I had shipped 4 mags with the pistol, but could not be sure.. When I called Hi Point today, the CS rep checked with the tech who had worked on my pistol. Apparently he couldn't be sure either. End result, the rep stated that she would put a magazine in the mail today and apologised for any inconvenience that may have been caused. Sure wish more folks did business this way.

#25 ·
after 2000 rnds i had a couple hiccups,boxed it up, and sent it in.......rebarelled it, trigger pts., and new mag...total time was about 2 wks., and i'm second owner (1st owner said about 500 dn/tb)! never had any trouble after, and grandkids love it !!

steven

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.