Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you have the gas adjustment set correctly , it probably has mider recoil than my M1A or 7.62 NATO Garand . Very nice to shoot , but not exactly light . Probably not much heaver , if any , than the other two .

I will shoot it all day , if you will buy the ammo . :)

Wyr

God Bless

·
Registered
351 Posts
Originally posted by BattleRifleG3
My 308 experience is with Federal Arms HK-91 clone. I'd like to know how it compares with that. Also like to know how the action compares to the SKS and AK-47, as I like SKS but dislike how the AK slams around and shakes itself up.

Any 7.62 NATO rifle is going to have more recoil and blast than 7.62 x 39mm ( SKS & AK ) .

In my opinion , an AK is the best short and medium ( 150 yard ) rifle ever made , for soft targets . Absolutely reliable & controlable on semi-auto ( never shot one FA ) .

7.62 NATO & .30-06 is much better for more distant targets and harder targets . Same for 8mm Mauser & 7.62 x 54R .

I really like my Century FrankenFAL & it was less than my 7.62 NATO Garand and less than half the price of the M1A ( expensive mags ! ) . FAL mags are cheap . 7.62 NATO ammo is cheap . What else can you sak for ?

Wyr
God Bless

1 - 2 of 2 Posts