Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to get in a situation where my gun locks on me and I'm stuck in the fire.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Wait, what? Your talking about a 1911 right? You mean the safety's? I dont understand what you mean by your gun is locking? I guess the 1911 has two safety's on it. One on the rear of the grip, and the second on the side of the slide. If thats what your talking about I fail to see how your gun is locking. If you talking about the safety on the rear of the grip, when are you ever going to fire your gun without having control of it? And even then, you dont want to fire it without control. Maybe were talking about two different things.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the back of the grip there is a sfety. THe newer 1911's have a key that goes in there and you can lock the gun. WHat it does is lock that back safety and keep it from going in so the gun can't fire. There is a way to disable that feature so the gun will have no chance of locking.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it is kind of standard now. But the gun comes with two actual keys that are for that lock.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do I need another housing to do so? I heard you just take out some spring.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,459 Posts
I'm with Lefty O here - replacing the mainspring housing makes it cleaner, no unsightly holes, and much closer to the way Saint Browning designed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts