How Do You Like Your Henry Lever ??

Discussion in '.22/rimfire' started by SwedeSteve, Oct 4, 2010.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I am thinking of buying a Henry .22lr to hand down to one of my Grandsons. I am interested in hearing from those that own and shoot one.

2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    I love mine. It is the original H01 Model. Smooooooooth levering, accurate shooting, and 15 shots before reloading!

The only thing I could want more is for them to make one in stainless steel.:yeah:

3. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

I went with a Marlin levermatic ;)

4. SwedeSteve

I was kind of wondering about accuracy. I am looking to purchase something that I can hand down to my youngest Grandson and want it to be a straight shooter.

5. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

I have one of the H001 models and so does one of my co-workers. We have never had any problems with them. Very smooth action and accurate...I think you will enjoy owning one.

6. dntget770

dntget770 G&G Newbie

i to have one had it since i was 12 never had any problems very accurate

7. The Henry Lever action is a great lil gun. They just seem to have a special feel to them. And that walnut they get so slick...umm
    I"m not too hot on the sights, however if you wish you could mount a scope on em.
    I know I really enjoy mine.

8. All around good little rifle with a Super smooth action.
    I think it would be a great idea

9. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

I have one, and it is a fine little shooting rifle. Excellent choice for a new shooter (or experienced big boy too). Here is what it is capable of doing with factory sights.

[​IMG]

10. SwedeSteve

Well I picked one up, and really like it !! It will be a great one to hand down (after Grandpa gets some shootin in,lol) !!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  11. SwedeSteve

Maybe someday I'll add the engraved and personalized receiver.

Attached Files:

12. SwedeSteve

And add this:

Attached Files:

13. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

SwedeSteve...I did what you're doing already. Bought myself a NIB .22 lever action at WalMart and have already given it to my 9 year old grandson. It's the plain model...but I think that's just right for him to begin shooting with. He's going with us adults next Saturday to help set up deer stands and afterwards we'll do a lot of target shooting. He even likes to shooting the big bores we'll be using when we hunt. He's not taken the new hunters safety program yet...so he'll not get to carry or shoot when we hunt...but his dad has a two man tree stand and "Cole" will be right there taking it all in.

Cole and I target practice in my back yard with his .177" air rifle and he's learned and follows all the safety rules that I know...and is a pretty good shot, too.

So...I think you did right with the Henry .22 rifle lever action purchase.

14. SwedeSteve

I haven't got out to shoot it yet, but cleaned it all up real good. The fit and finish is just terrific !!

15. DudeInMT

DudeInMT G&G Regular

Me and my wife were saving up for a henry .22 frontier model, but unexpected vehicle troubles on both of our vehicles at the same time took away all our misc. spare money, and money we didn't have to spare last month, and now we're still trying to catch back up :\ So I'll probably start saving again after the new year.

16. dwrestle

dwrestle G&G Enthusiast

I had a Marlin 30-30, and I loved the sights on it. Does the Marlin .22 sell for a similar price as the base model Henry which is just under $300.