close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How Do You Tell When?????

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MangesMade, Mar 25, 2002.

1. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

How do you tell when There's a new reply to a post without having to remember the count of the last reply? Oil Well

2. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Upper right hand corner of the main page. Right below your name is the "View New Posts" button.

It shows all the new posts form the time you were on last

3. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

Armorer, I understand that, but then we have to memorize or keep notes to what the last count was...on the old site you could breeze throught it, all the new replies would be a different color or else have the word "NEW" in front of them. Wish there was a way to just scan down and know whether or not there was a new reply. Oil Well, maybe it'll come...thanks for your reply.

4. Shaun

Shaun G&G Newbie

Manges it is easy when you scan down a list of messages new ones look like an open letter and viewed one's look like a closed envelope

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

MangesMade,
    On the first page when you come to the forums, in the upper right corner is the message:

Welcome back, Big Dog
    View New Posts

Click on "View New Posts", and it'll bring up only those threads with new posts & replies. Then you don't have to wade through old news. You still have to scroll down through that thread, though. Hope this helps.

6. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

Thanks, I'll check it out.

7. I usually look over in the right hand corner and see if there are any new posts for thew current day, and the time. I haven't really got a good system yet myself though.

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I will find an easier way with the suggestions of the new image and such.

9. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Chris,another change? OMG. I can't sleep now!

10. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

First Page, Upper Right Corner...Worked good, lets you see all the forums new post... Oil Well, I thought I was seeing a pattern in the envelopes...Thanks for the Info's!!!!!