How far we've come, and memories

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Sep 17, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I thought maybe we should take a moment to look at how far we've all come in this forum, as I often think about how things were not to long ago.
    Like how Klaus is now among the highest contributors, and everyone's thankful for the knowledge he brings. I remember when he almost left. Glad you stayed, Klaus.
    Like how we used to get tons of idiot posts asking about illegal conversions or just insulting us. If you thought any of us had bad grammar, punctuation, or manners, try "hi how i make my ak47 full auto", "pleaz turn in all your guns to be demilled it is the only sane thing to do the klinton third way is the best way", and my personal favorite, "battlerifelg3 is a communist punk who claim to be something hes not he has barbara boxer underwear and t shirt". No I didn't archive them and copy them, but that's the basic jist of it.

As we all do from time to time, I'd like to send another thank you to Jesse and Chris for making this site as great as it is.

Of course there are plenty of people I'd like to see back, like Kne, both Scotts, JoeCrow, Carl, and others. I see posts from time to time that I know they'd be the best to respond to. What do you remember and who do you miss?

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i go back to the original G&G before format and owner changes, when there was about 12 boards. alot of changes, lot of water under the bridge. i think maybe Oxford goes that far back (do ya bud). Klaus is a great guy, very knowledgible, now if we can crack a joke with out the analytical report from Klaus, and lighten up!!! iget my shorts up in a wad sometimes, don't we all, nothing i would call vicious. so thanks to the administrater for doing a good job!!!

3. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Like wise, Kudos to the new Mgmt. The "old" site had some people who made it good, as people should. My personal favorite was Lars. The man is just a wealth of information & comes across a friendly, which is hard to do on the box.

4. BattleRifleG3

I think there were at least 3 columns of boards when I joined. You're right, Lars had a lot of knowledge.
    Just so it's clear, I wasn't dissing the old site with my references to the past, in fact I don't think any of those posters reappeared. I was just trying to show how petty the little things are that we bark about from time to time.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I don't have any memories on here, they've all been a drunken blur! I've totally enjoyed this site and am always glad I found it. Don't even remember how I found it, I think it was through links to links of links or something. I can't imagine not finding it! Hats off to Chris and Jesse. :right:

6. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

Well I got blamed for a lot of things messing up, I was called a communist and such because I archived some of the threads because I did not know how to handle some aspects of the old BBS system, but luckily we have this great software here, otherwise we would be having server issues every hour that more than 4 people were on.

7. Klaus

Klaus Guest

OK, I will no longer post any comment in the humor forum, no matter how poor the premises and grammer are.

8. BattleRifleG3

Ah yes, I remember the communist accusations. I hope we can all laugh at them as I do.
    Klaus, say whatever you think, just understand if some people have a different sense of humor.

9. Mandy

Mandy FREE CITIZEN Forum Contributor

:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

I remember the comunist acusations and I wonder why that person did that, but I laugh at that now and surely hopes that it doesn't happens again.
    To all of you , keep up the good work and remember that if you don't practice, you're carrying a paper weight, not a gun.

:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

10. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Mandy, your last sentence goes hand in hand with my signature at the bottom of my posts. I live by it.

As for the forum, and as I've said before, and dammmmmnnnned fine group of minutemen....

11. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Thanks Jesse and Chris for administering this forum.

For Papa G's information, I started on the old g&g back in October of 2001. Have only missed posting a few days since then.

Smiled at some of the posts I've read and frowned at others. Tried to contribute myself when I had something to say that I thought made sense.

Sometimes I found that I was out of sync with what I had been thinking and had to digest a few new ideas in my thick skull. Usually discussions ended on a friendly basis.

Didn't really make many comments till this new format was started by Jesse and Chris. It's been great. They showed a lot of patience with us as we complained and groaned occasionally about something that didn't work just right.

Many of the members seem like old friends and acquaintances now because we've posted so many comments on the subjects of common interests.

Nuf Said.
    Oxford :nod:

12. Mon Bathan

Mon Bathan Guest

I stumbled upon G&G back on the old format when I was surfing the net for linkages and added knowledge for the new feg that was given to me by my old man. My piece back then was a .38 cal. S&W

People back then, MSW, LAR, etc. have always been helpful to beginers like us. However, the posts back then focuses more on discussion about gun related problems or concerns --- like everyone needed a piece of advise about their guns and they get answers from a lot of members.

Now, we still get the same help and I admit that the new format definitely improved the site.

Two thumbs up to both of you...Chris and Jesse!!! And all the best for all the members!!

Mon

13. Benny

Benny Guest

I remember Lars, he's a good guy. I showed up not long before the switch to the site now. There were a few nut jobs asking for weird things like full auto conversions, or even one guy asking how he can get his felony record erased so he could buy guns again. But for the most part it was, and still is, a great group of guys. God bless you all!

Benny

14. Klaus

Klaus Guest

To get a felony record erased (pardoned, actually), you have to become a Democrat, if you aren't already, and contribute to a Democrat president.

15. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

lol, lol, lol, lol, good one Klaus, truth is the basis for humor!!!!!!!!!!

16. Klaus as for myself I like your humor even though I don't get it sometimes.
    I was on the old g&g for a short time--FEG forum.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2002
  17. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Klaus:

That comment was a good sign you've got hope in the humor forum. (ha)

And yes, I'll admit that if there's truth to the subject the humor is better.

Oxford :nod: :D

18. 7mmag6

7mmag6 Guest

lets not remember the past lets push this envelope, good people good friends, more people signing on, oorah, lets keep it going, maggots( r lee ermy was just like my di at parris island, the sob, I would like to give h, harris a butt of an m-14, but that stupid gunny kept me alive) oorah