how many have bi-pods?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Smokin' Nagant, May 1, 2008.

1. i just got a bi=pod for my ruger mini-14 and it comes with a picatinny rail as well as a swivel attachment. i have the bi-pod mount on my m44 now bc the mini takes the rails, and i was just wondering if any of u guys used bipods as well. the way the mount is setup it doesnt interfere with my hand grabing the stock.

o i have the ati stock with the swivel deal on it

2. a bipod? that would make comrade stalin spin in his grave!:rant:

3. yea so i can setup and be leet sn!per anywhere

4. The BATF is watching.:bigeyes::no1:

5. Sins-of-Mosin

Sins-of-Mosin Guest

Very basic, fits pretty much any gun.

Attached Files:

6. SanDiegoRedneck

SanDiegoRedneck G&G Newbie

I took old camera tripod and modified it with a 6" piece of PVC pipe. I can either use on the range (which was my original intention) or even use it hunting varmits.

Priaise the Lord and pass the ammuniton

7. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  8. Is that the kind that clamps to the barrel? If so, I personally don't like that kind. But then that's me.
    But then also, with some applications, it's the only option that will work...I'd rather not clamp anything to the barrel though..

9. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

it clamps around barrel yes, but u just squeeze legs together and it releases....the clamps have a non-marring coating on inside so not to harm finish of barrel....another kind they make are a 'clamp on' of sorts, it has a mount(base) that clamps to barrel using 4 screws, then bottom attaches to base.

my personal favorite, which happens to be more expensive, is the kind that affixes to either barrel or forestock and has a swivel head, so if u need to turn while prone, you dont have to rock bipod side to side, or pick it up and reposition....just lean a lil and u got ur new sight targeted in and no resistance pulling u back. :D

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  10. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I am still putting together a Mosin that will have a bipod on it.

11. i shoot bad enough without attaching anything to the barrel of my rifle to possibly make it shoot worse.:sad2:

12. SwedeSteve

Mine won't be a "clamp" style.
    Geo- Why are you concerned about ATF?

13. Sins-of-Mosin

Sins-of-Mosin Guest

Eh, I bought it years ago. It has no protective coating so it can scratch up whatever you use it on. Personally, I have only used it a few times but didn't have a problem. I don't mind much if it marks up a rifle since most my stuff isn't exactly collector's value to start off with. :D I guess if you were worried about marking up, you could simply put a thin thing of cloth or paper towel between it and the rifle.

14. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

scratching the barrel doesnt affect just look....the coating keeps out rust(or is suppose to), and if you scratch it, there's one more place you have to watch for storing for even short periods(like 1 month even). i saw someone with a clampon like u have shown in pic....but it was clamped onto front slot where strap goes....couldnt figure out how they did that without making legs stay next to each other, unless they somehow modified it by stretching the clamps apart so the legs would remain fully spread and still have the clamps far enuff apart to fit the front slot.

15. SwedeSteve

Bipod helps a lot at the range, and is perfect for some hunting applications!

16. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

i thought the gun range was considered a style of hunting......ur hunting for the perfect score :D

17. just dont get one of the cheap chinese made plastic bipods, the heat of the barrel might melt it, cuz we all know how hot Mosins get after 10 rounds.

18. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

barrel dont get hot you pansy....it's the 'scope-melting' receiver that holds the heat :D

if they were semi-auto, i wouldnt have to carry a cigarette lighter with me when shooting my M91/30 :silly:

19. then youve never felt my barrel after 15 round :bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes: WOW

20. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

hmmm, maybe u should attach some heatsinks to ur barrel rofl :09: