Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
...have used your knowledge and your M1 Garand (CMP) or one from a gun show to give the Garanditis Plague to family, friends, members at a shooting range, etc., which in turn has caused them to have a Credit Card meltdown??! I know there are a lot of great stories out there on this one!

www.users.fast.net/~eclancy
www.garandm1rifle.com
Thanks again
Clancy
Looking for Sponsors
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,601 Posts
One guy is seriously considering it. Most people that I know just look at in in awe.

From my experiene, there has to be more of an interest in history than just shooting or collecting to have the desire to own one. Not in all cases I'm sure. Just from experience.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Contagious Garanditis

Well, I know at least one of my shooting friends has seriously looked at getting his own M1. He's doing this because his 13-year-old son shot mine -- and loved it! (It didn't hurt that papa shot my Garand, either, of course!)
Hmmm... maybe that should be two infectees, rather than just one?
Ben

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Ed,
My brother-inlaw bought one after shooting mine. Now he has 3.
Have let other friends and some boy scouts and their moms and dads shoot it. But no takers yet. Planted a seed, maybe?

There is only one cure for Garanditis.
Buy another one!
or
Buy an AR-15 competition model and shoot it in competitions.
(the AR only prolongs the symtoms)
Have 5
3 from CMP : Danish SA, Danish RG less wood & a receiver

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gentlemen,
The GCA Garand Collector's Association is looking for stories for the GCA Journal and I think some of these stories could be put into print. Letting other people know how and why they became Garanditis.

http://www.users.fast.net/~eclancy
http://www.garandm1rifle.com
Thanks again
Clancy
Looking for Sponsors
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF

·
Registered
224 Posts
...more Garanditis -- a follow-on

This young fella, Ricky, age 14 is very fond of John Garand's masterpiece. Here, he's shooting a friend's commerical Springfield "repro." Ricky's also shot my HRA.
-

-
Ricky's father Eric and I shot my recently-acquired SA woodless Dane rebuild yesterday. Eric's twisting and turning every which way trying to figure how to get his own M1. I suggested he go the woodless Dane route for now, and accumulate the stock, required metal, et.al. over time, and I think he'll jump on that. (He'll have no problem whatsoever qualifying for a CMP purchase.)
-
Maybe come July 22d, I'll have infected a few more. The club's having a "Shoot the Greatest Battle Instrument" fun shoot and familiarization firing. I'm hoping to have four M1's available for people to shoot. Should be fun!
-
Ben

1 - 11 of 11 Posts