Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I saw some of the Combat episodes as reruns, but don't recall watching Rat Patrol, although the name is familiar. When those were running, only had 1 TV, so wife & 2 kids kinda watched what they wanted to watch.:p

I reserved my TV time for Saturday's "Baseball Game Of The Week" with Dizzy Dean & Dallas Cowboys with Tom Landry, plus baseball's "World Series" & football's "Super Bowl".

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I'm thinking there was a case of those dumb hats Christopher George wore at the base mount of that .50 in the back of the jeep. I never saw a hat get shot off someone's head (without injury, mind you), and reappear in the very next scene, as much as that hat!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I watched "Rat Patrol". Also "Combat"; "12 O'clock High"; "McHales Navy"; "Hogan's Heros". Also "F-Troop" if 1870's Army counts. Years later, "Paint it Black" ran for a while. "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" was good. Not military but "Sea Hunt" was a good show too.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Yup ! I was just a little guy . Probably under 10 . Rat patrol , combat , many more . Saturday mornings stink nowadays. No cartoons, no stooges, how is a kid supposed to be a kid ?
Sunday mornings we had Lone Ranger , Charlie Chan ,Cisco Kid . I think I want to go back , wait that's Sherman and Mr. Peabody! I'd go back in a minute!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yes I saw Rat Patrol a few times. Combat was a favorite and Sea Hunt! Underwater fight scenes!!
12Oclock High was good too. I had a 12 Oclock card game where you matched 4 planes of a type. Pictures and stats of each plane. I might still have it in the toy chest downstairs. Ill let you know!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
A lot of times when I can't sleep, i'll surf TV channels. I've been finding a LOT of the old Irwin Allen TV shows. Some really corny stuff there, but it kept us entertained as little kids!

Reactions: jwrauch

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I saw Rat Patrol a few times. Combat was a favorite and Sea Hunt! Underwater fight scenes!!
12Oclock High was good too. I had a 12 Oclock card game where you matched 4 planes of a type. Pictures and stats of each plane. I might still have it in the toy chest downstairs. Ill let you know!
Yeah I watched Sea Hunt also. Forgot about that show and you reminded me.

·
Premium Member
24,837 Posts
Yeah I watched Sea Hunt also. Forgot about that show and you reminded me.
Loyd Bridges was my inspiration to learn SCUBA Diving.

I've gone diving in the Bahamas, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacau, Hawaii, Florida, and Calif. Hawaii was my favorite.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Loyd Bridges was my inspiration to learn SCUBA Diving.

I've gone diving in the Bahamas, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacau, Hawaii, Florida, and Calif. Hawaii was my favorite.
And flipper. I thought for sure some how living in middle of Indiana I was going to wind up growing up on a beach with a pet dolphin.

·
Registered
10,935 Posts
never cared for flipper nor Lassie.
watched a lot of rat patrol in re-runs and still see combat is on from time to time.
cisco and pancho are still on daily, and I catch hopalong on the radio at least twice a week.
still need to mail Roy that dime, and post box top, to po box 76477 Chicago-77

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
....,Cisco Kid . I think I want to go back , wait that's Sherman and Mr. Peabody! I'd go back in a minute!
Cisco Kid.....lord, we used to get that on the radio before we had TV! Television had been invented but didn't get to where I grew up until well into the 60s'

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think they pulled my flippers off when I was born. I lived in the water until I was about 20.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I guess I am older than all of ya'll. I still have autographed pictures from the handlers/stars of Rin Tin Tin (german shepherd that caught bad guys) and Fury (big black horse that saved the day, every week). I do recall Cisco, Lone Ranger, and even Howdy Doodie all in black and white TV. We were too poor to have a TV so, every day I would put on my double six gun set, vest and hat and my grandmother would drive all the way across town ( a mile or so) to come get me to watch Cisco and the Lone Ranger after school their normal time about 4:00 p.m. That is where I learned my fine appreciation for single action handguns.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Reckon I'm old enough, just didn't have TV.:oops: My folks didn't get a TV until I left home. Wife & I didn't have one the first year we were married & then it was a 12" portable with rabbit years!:p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts