How many of you watched the show Rat Patrol

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by rando, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

Hanauma bay. First time I nearly had a moray eel nearly bite me in the face, I had no clue they were docile and had no idea they got to 6 feet in Hawaii. Here is a flick of guys playing with one.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...99E0DBA66CC7BFE4BA3299E0DBA66CC7&&FORM=VDRVRV

jwrauch, rando, Rocky7 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hoppalong Cassidy!

Used to watch Terry and the Pirates on Saturday mornings.

Who remembers Tim Tyler’s Luck?

3. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

I still have one of those hats somewhere. When I went to MP school they had a course called Rat Patrol. It was officially named something like "Combat Driving". We got to drive the 1/4 tons full throttle in the boonies. They had a few places where you went a little airborne as you came down a steep slope on a big sand dune type hill, that is what gave it the nickname, Rat Patrol. That hill was maybe 100 feet elevation, but it was about 45 degrees, so with just a little speed you could get 6-8 feet off the ground and then land in sand. A hoot. Thanks for reminding me of that memory. I have a Jeep Wrangler rag top, but if my wife caught me airborne in it, it would not end well. Maybe after it gets older, it just rolled over 40K so it could be a while.

blaster, jwrauch, rando and 1 other person like this.
  4. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Rat Patrol was my favorite show. I even named a dog Hitchcock.

Maybe it's why I've owned so many Jeeps! LOL

jwrauch, rando and Rocky7 like this.
  5. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

Tour of Duty,Combat, Rat Patrol and Twelve O'clock High, is on every Saturday on the H&I network.

6. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

Amos-N-Andy.

Started in 1928 on radio .Then TV till 1960.

jwrauch likes this.
  7. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

Never missed a show,enjoyed it

jwrauch, EtherialOne and rando like this.
  8. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

For a good laugh

blaster, Gun Junkie, Ten Man and 4 others like this.
  9. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

For a good laugh

blaster, Gun Junkie, Ten Man and 4 others like this.
  10. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Yep always caught Rat Patrol. Hans the german still on a soap opera today. Changed his name to Eric Braden. Also catching the old Laramie series with Robert Fuller and John Smith. Ran from 59-63 I believe.

Rocky7, jwrauch and rando like this.
  11. bobvonb

bobvonb G&G Evangelist

first show I can remember watching was Red Ryder. In one episode he swam underwater across a pond to pop up behind the bad guy. Well there was an indoor pool at my school (first grade, Walnut Park Country Day School for Boys near Boston, Mass, if you please) and I decided to try the underwater trick. Problem was I didn't know how to swim yet and an upper class (prob a 6th grader) pulled me out by my hair. Duh.

Point of interest. Cisco Kid was one of the first shows filmed in color even though only broadcast in B&W until reruns a decade or so later in color.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    jwrauch likes this.
  12. Yep, If I remember right as a Small Boy the Sunday Afternoon Lineup was Combat, 12 O'Clock High and Rat Patrol was in there too but the 1st two were a Staple.

Then of Course the Western's Lot's of the Classics like Gunsmoke but as a Kid I think my favorite two were "Wild Wild West" and "Paladin - Have Gun... Will Travel" (a line that I still use often today changing it to whatever I need to bring like Camera, Toolbox etc.). Later on I always liked "Baa Baa Black Sheep" but by the mid to late 70's TV had gotten away from the Military and Western Classics it seemed.

BudW, Huey Rider and jwrauch like this.
  13. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Ah yes the memories. Recall vaguely folks watching The Tonight Show with Jack Paar and What's My Line on Sunday at 10:30 P.M. All contestants received a free carton of Winston cigarettes! Don't see that anymore.

Gun Junkie, BudW, rando and 2 others like this.
  14. MRT NH 72

MRT NH 72 G&G Evangelist

Wild Wild West was a must see! Only 1 english station on tv was AFRTS. Base tv station Puerto Rico. If you missed your show you were out of luck

BudW, Ten Man, Rocky7 and 1 other person like this.
  15. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

16. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

As you know when the tide is low, the reef is barely below the surface. The tide was pulling me out, and the eel was moving toward my face coming up out of the reef. Trying to swim backward as my bro in law was frantically waving at me to get back. Funny later, I had no clue what it was. I actually thought it was an electric eel or some kind of sea snake and was thrashing around like some psycho. Guess I scared it off.

blaster, mauser9 and jwrauch like this.
  17. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

How about Tour of Duty?

upload_2020-10-21_22-18-1.jpeg

And China beach?

mauser9 likes this.
  18. Tigercat200

Tigercat200 G&G Evangelist

I've been binge watching Rat Patrol on YouTube. Getting very little else done. I hope you're happy !! o_O

19. MRT NH 72

MRT NH 72 G&G Evangelist

Nope. No 12 O'clock High game. Not much really. 3 Tonka trucks, a few Matchbox cars.