how much ammo?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by big boomer, May 18, 2008.

1. big boomer

big boomer G&G Enthusiast

Is there a limit as to how much ammo you can have at home legal wise that is? we all like to have a good supply but is there a point where its to much?

2. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

Not in Tennessee, unless you get so much that the local National Guard considers you a backup source of ammo in a national emergency.

Your state may be different.

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I hope not, I have over 50,000 rds of various ammo...

4. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

It is up to the State to decide. Some have limits for HAZMAT.

5. cosmo05

cosmo05 G&G Newbie

When the floor caves in, you have too much. Reinforce the floor and your good to go again. My state has no limit as far as I know. Keep it stored safely in the factory spam cans in wooden boxes or GI ammo cans. Also, ammo does not explode in a fire, (which is everyone's biggest fear) it just comes apart. I'd be more afraid of five gallons of gas stored in my garage or out building then 100,000 rds. of ammo stored properly.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  6. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    this is covered under local ordinances set by the fire marshal.

7. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

lol sounds like NRAJoe is gonna have another "unfortunate boating accident on that dreaded lake" like the rest of us over on the M16/AR15 forum section.:09:

8. Good thought!
    Hmm, that is worth checking out in my local town fire ordanance.

9. Your only allowed 10 rounds per firearm. Anything over that has to be immediately sent to me for proper disposal. (Ill shoot it).

10. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Too much is never enough !!! Look on it as an "investment" as material prices climb, kalifornia wackiness infringes on good old lead, and shadows of BO stalk the white house. Don't think the price'll be going down anytime soon.

11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

I live on a one story concrete slab No problem.:09:

12. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Well, my opinion on this is, that even if you have no local laws or limits, that won't prevent the cops from arresting you. You see those stories all the time. "Man arrested with cache of weapons, over 10K rounds of ammunition!"

That could be 20 bricks of cheap Wal-mart .22 ammo.

13. Get as much as you want... nobody needs to know.

14. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

i have as much as i need ,but not as much as i want.
    if my state has ammo limit laws f it i'm moving.