Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Worst recoiling gun I own is my Mossberg 835 Utilimag shooting 3.5" Tungsten Turkey loads. Those are no fun at all.
I own a 375 Ruger African model with the 23.5" barrel and wood stock. With 300gr bullets over a max charge it can really punish you. I have shot it side by side a 375 H&H shooting factory loaded 270gr bullets and I will say the Ruger has sharper recoil.
For me shooting rifles the 375 Ruger is my upper recoil threshold. I have shot 458WM with 500gr bullets from a CZ and that was to much of a good thing. I also shot a 416 Rem Mag in light rifle and that was maybe worse than the 458WM.

I will agree with everyone above about the stock fitment being important. Weatherby stocks do not fit me well and when I shoot them I get slapped in the jaw and I hate it. Even shooting non magnum calibers in them I find the recoil to be more than say a Remington or Winchester stock. It could have something to do with the fact that i'm left handed and those stocks are set up for right handed people.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts