Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
They are everywhere. You can find them locally at gun shops and pawn shops, you can find them at places like Cabela's and Big 5. An on line at many different places, Gun Broker is a good auction site, there is AIM surplus, Impact guns, Inter Ordinance, Century International, Samcoand many more. Google Mosin nagant for many more. If you want some good info on them check out mosinnagant.net or 7.62x54r.net. Oh local gun shows too.

Have fun they are everywhere!

·
Registered
183 Posts
No problem. FYI if you buy on line and don't have a 03 FFL you have to have the gun shipped to someone who does. If you don't know any individuals who have one you can ship to sporting goods stores and they usually charge a fee, around here its around 25-50 bucks. I am working on getting my class 03 ffl and it only costs 30 bucks so you can save money by doing it that way and buying online.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Andrew I'll confess I want one too ! I'll call that Acamamy outdoors I was telling you about in Little Rock and see if they have some Mossins.
Hang loose and I'll get back with you...I'll even call Gander Mountain in Texarkana.
A.H

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
No problem. FYI if you buy on line and don't have a 03 FFL you have to have the gun shipped to someone who does. If you don't know any individuals who have one you can ship to sporting goods stores and they usually charge a fee, around here its around 25-50 bucks. I am working on getting my class 03 ffl and it only costs 30 bucks so you can save money by doing it that way and buying online.
Get the C&R yourself. Unless you like transfer fees. Heck, I almost made back the entire fee for the C&R on my first purchase.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
It's easy! Hide in the grass and open a jar of cosmoline. They'll come right to you!

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
does that really work Steve?

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
I swear the two I got at the gun show Saturday jumped right into my hands.

Im nameing em ZK1 and ZK2.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I got mine at a local store that seems to specialize in trades... gives them a lot of antique firearms. lol... and what a deal I got- an M39 for $160.

I named it Dagda

·
Registered
183 Posts
How many people are naming their rifles? I haven't named mine. Is that a tradition? or has my Mosinitis not gotten that bad yet?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Give it some time, Shuak :)

I name mine mostly after mythological figures... like my AK is "Thor" from Norse mythology, my M39 is "Dagda" from Celtic mythology, and my 1911 is "Morrigan," also from Celtic mythology.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oh ok. Well I guess I will have to see about my Mosin's personality then. Are they all female like cars seem to be?

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I only have one that I call blondie the rest are un named

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thor and Dagda weren't females... Thor is the Nordic storm god... a big dumb guy with a lot of muscles. Known as the "common people's god," I figured his name would go well on the "common people's" military rifle.

As for Dagda... a Celtic god. His name means, "the good one." He was good, and highly protective of his own. He is said to have carried a maul that took the strength of ten people to lift.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts