Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this up this afternoon because of what one poster said. Too bad that he won't be here to see how to shoot a Mosin. His loss.

The redhed shoots all 5 rounds of Bulgarian Heavy Ball in 9 seconds. Yes I am bad, as I thought it would take her 20 seconds. She gave me grief :kiss: over that statement.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jB5r9h4Lgo"]The proper way to shoot a Mosin[/ame]
Originally Posted by ouch
Billy
My middle aged 120 pound wife has two of them, a M44 and a 91/30 and she can open and close the bolts with moderate effort. Probably could get off all 5 rounds in 20 seconds aimed.

Perhaps your Mosin has a mismatched bolt but my wife thinks that maybe you have put too much salt water down it.

Then Master billy commented with deep thought...........
you are so full of $#!t

ignore button here you go! bye!

only 33 posts and you already got THE BUTTON.

say ouch do you have all of your teeth?
just wondering if you talk down to people in real life situations.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
I've done rapid fire with some of my 46 gr Czech practice ammo but not regular ammo....

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
How is she supposed to aim with her hand covering the sights.Anybody can shoot rapid fire willy nilly.I can fire 5 shots from my smle in that time,all aimed shots.

I realise this thread is about the nagant,this is proper rapid fire,all shots aimed.

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6m1yN-3n0FU&feature=related"]YouTube - LERA - Mad Minute - SMLE 100 Year Anniversary[/ame]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Okay, it probably would have been 20 seconds if I wanted to spend one more second out side in winter blowing, snowing, weather sitting on the cold hard cement freezing my arse off. I was trying to prove a point.

1) Watch the little girls shooting Mosins on Youtube. It's pathetic. To the best of my knowledge, the Russian Army trained their soldiers to chamber their Mosins in the left hand over method. It's actually quite easy once you get the hang of it and set up a rhythm.

2) I am not struggling with my right hand with the weapon, or if you note, wrestling it between my knees like so may of the women are on other films. Nor am I 20 something. As for aiming, wasn't really trying for bulls eyes. I am predominately right handed, yet am using my left hand to chamber the weapon while pulling the trigger with my right. I could sight the weapon to a point, but once again, I was shooting for speed and not for accuracy.

3) Let the weather warm up and I'll shoot for accuracy. For now I think I've proved a point. It is possible for a small woman to rapid shoot a Mosin with 'some' accuracy.FYI, I was shooting at a discarded heat exchanger from a furnace as a target, and I did hit it....several times.

Anybody want to try and do better under these weather conditions, be my guest.

I think it's pretty cool that my husband had confidence in me that I could do it at all! Thanks ouch.:kiss:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do I sense a pissing match going on? I think the testosterone levels are reaking on this thread. I might as well join for the h*ll of it.

Just to prove another point, redhead, your little winter weather conditions are probably what- 20 degree F? Maybe 10. I laugh at your pathetic way of shooting and whining about cold conditions. I'd shoot in blizzard conditions if I could see my targets. I'd probably do it in a blizzard just to see if I can hit my targets without seeing them. I shoot in negative degree weather even. And I can probably do it faster than you both ways, rapid fire and aimed shots. I'll even do it left handed to make it fair.

And just to put you all out of your misery, I'll shoot it one handed while doing a hand stand and crossing my eyes. And then, to make sure no one can ever again touch my holiness in the shooting arena, I will make the gun float in midair and without touching it shoot 600 yards into a perfect quarter sized grouping of 20 shots. Alright, maybe that ought to out-do all of you.

In short- this one-uping each other is such BS it makes me giggle.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Do I sense a pissing match going on? I think the testosterone levels are reaking on this thread. I might as well join for the h*ll of it.

Just to prove another point, redhead, your little winter weather conditions are probably what- 20 degree F? Maybe 10. I laugh at your pathetic way of shooting and whining about cold conditions. I'd shoot in blizzard conditions if I could see my targets. I'd probably do it in a blizzard just to see if I can hit my targets without seeing them. I shoot in negative degree weather even. And I can probably do it faster than you both ways, rapid fire and aimed shots. I'll even do it left handed to make it fair.

And just to put you all out of your misery, I'll shoot it one handed while doing a hand stand and crossing my eyes. And then, to make sure no one can ever again touch my holiness in the shooting arena, I will make the gun float in midair and without touching it shoot 600 yards into a perfect quarter sized grouping of 20 shots. Alright, maybe that ought to out-do all of you.

In short- this one-uping each other is such BS it makes me giggle.
Sorry Risk, no testosterone here. I'm 100 % female. No pissing contest on my part, either. I'm not that ill mannered.

I'm not being rude or insulting to anyone so why are you being that way to me? I don't know how old you are but I'm old enough to deserve a little more respect than that from a man. I won't say gentleman, because you sir, with your comments, are no gentleman.

I thought this was the "friendliest" gun sight on the internet. Evidently I was wrong.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wasn't being rude. Just proving a point like you were. I did it a different way than you did, but with sarcasm. I meant no insult to you either. Just posting my views. Like, in my opinion trying to act macho by firing a mosin nagant as fast as you can and then stating- " Anybody want to try and do better under these weather conditions, be my guest." -redhead is a very immature thing to do.

I'm sorry if you got offended. Just posting my views and trying to get a laugh or two.

BTW, I don't give out respect to people freely. They earn it. Women and men alike. Just as much as I have to earn respect from others.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
He's 23 and knows it all...:rolleyes:

Many have come and gone on here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
NRAJOE, did I ever state I knew it all? Just because I'm 23 you think I can't post my views as any other schmoe on here.

Yes, I'm 23 and I've probably lived life a lot fuller than you ever have by the time you were 23. There's no need to bring age difference into it.

As I understand it, you served in the military- and for which I give my gratitude. However, shouldn't that also stand as a reminder to you that in America I am able to speak my mind freely. And I even understand it further... I'll speak my mind freely and I'll defend what I say. I'll also eat my words if needs be. Such is responsibility.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My wife asked for bayonets for xmas. I got another 6 of them including some "glock" knives. No metal. The Swiss ones were way cool. Solid stainless steel and less than 20 dollars.

Gee 23 years ago I had already been a veteran for 15 years and was finished with my medical training. Call me what you want. But my patients know different. I hope I don't recognize you when you are in my office, my standard of care might change :).

It is a sorry state when an Irishman quotes an english weapon as a good example. Makes me wonder.

Billyjilly....I gots all my teeth and I can count them.
Ouch ouch

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is my weapon, this is my gun. old american military statement.

I am of american and russian ancestry but hold no sway to the Russians, strictly the United states . What is your excuse as an irishman, you are part english...... God save the Queen in that case. It is no loss to me.

There were hundreds of women snipers in the USSR in WW2, 70 years ago, they killed thousands of Nazis. Keeping us from having to learn German. I can only hope that this generation will provide us the oportunity to keep us from having to learn arabic and to prevent our women from being sexually mutilated. Because of our birth dates we all do not get the chance to change history, I hope when your turn comes, you jump at the chance.

Not sure what you have against a woman shooting a weapon faster than a man. Is it envy? You know what I mean.

Thanks for replying. What was your point?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AAHHHH that explains why i dont like you and probably never will,you are part russian,i am half finn. my point being you are a tosser
I am going to ignore all of your snide remarks....

Show me someone who can shoot their Mosin accurately and rapidly without the coy remarks of the others. My wife made that clip with good intentions. She wanted to show that females can shoot a mosin without being shocked by the recoil or by reloading a bolt action weapon. She was not ready to insulted by some youngsters who only could show her what other unamed individuals had done in better weather. Who cares? This was done today with 54 year old players.

I am tired of people unwilling to go out in fairly crappy weather and show what they know. I am totally unimpressed with your person laying out in moderate weather taking shots at will with almost no clothing on. Were they in california in the summer? You don't know and I don't know?

Nagants are not Mosins, nagants are little pistols.

I have always respected the Finnish. They were able to hold off the Russians in very bad weather. Too bad that you live in a moderate climate and can not enjoy the snow and ice blowing around you as you shoot your 32acp into the camera in your apartment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't think this should go on any longer. It IS one of the friendliest gun forums on the web and I'd like it to remain that way. Us that have mosinitis should stick together rather than argue...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Can I butt in please. I don't have a Mosin yet, but will after Christmas. What kind of round were you shooting (old military surplus or new) and what's the recoil like. Thanks.

Dave :feedback:

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Internet drama rules!

Ouch, take a breather and don't be so defensive.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts