Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Mauser and I like it a lot. I was wondering if anybody here can give me an idea of the value. It is in great condition and made in 1932. It is the 7mm.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll do that now.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has a stainless steel butt plate so I am sure that it would easliy smash the skull of a jerk.:p

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As it turns out, It was made in Spain in 1932. It is worth about 200 and it was a good descion to trade the SKS for it because the 7mm is a better round. It weighs much less than the SKS, which was my main reson for the trade. Also, it can hit stuff at 700 yards and the SKS can't. It was sportinized and has no handguard, shorter stock, and a steel butt plate. I will put up a pic.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,339 Posts
If the value of the original rifle is $200, the value after 'sporterizing' is markedly lower. If the barrel and action are still untouched, you'd do well to restock it in the proper wood. I did that with my Spanish Model 43 - makes it look better and gives it character. Seems to shoot better too - it knows it's no longer an 'ugly duckling' . . . ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looked at a 1943 Mauser Rifle yesterday at one my gunshops. Marked in english 1943 , little German cartushe, wood decent. Asking price $259.00 bucks and its all mine. Looked pretty good but the barrell looked like it was a replacement. Wood looked a bit uneven. Since I have to buy it to shoot it I was wondering what the recoil felt like ? Action was smooth and other than recoil I was maybe gonna go back at pick it up ?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,339 Posts
Recoil should be like any medium-length Mauser - stout but not brutal. It'll recoil less with the lighter loads too. Heavy bullet equates to more punch!
The Spanish M43 was their eqivalent to the German K98k, though with some difference in the stock and handguard style. Same weight and caliber.
The 7mm Mauser recoils less - one reason many like it. :cool:

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,217 Posts
Send it to me...I will give you a fair estimate and evaluation on it...might take awhile though...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts