close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How well can a Bushy M4 shoot?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Anthony, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Anthony

Anthony G&G Newbie

Went with a buddy to his gun clubs range to shoot saturday. I own a bushy M4 clone w/ a BSA 42mm red dot on top. Was shooting Wolf 55gr bullets. Now this is my first time shooting out to 100yrds w/ this M4. Was able to hit 10" plate gong w/ all 30rds and a man size target was a breeze. Also tried at 18" plate gong at 200yrds hit 20 out of 30 rds. I'm still getting use to the rifle. But I was wondering how mush better can that specific rifle be? cause it only has a 14.5 inch barrel, and no magnification for optics.

2. jimr

jimr G&G Newbie

ohio
    to many things can go wrong here. the rifle is a good shooter, without a good scope what do you expect?

3. Anthony

Anthony G&G Newbie

I know all lot of things take in to factor at an open range, I was just wonder what some other people with an M4 Bushy how they shoot (distance,group,etc..) Also how mine was shooting at those gongs is that respectable or a child can do it.
    Anthony

4. ananab

ananab G&G Newbie

i have a colt 20" hbar and i'm actually thinking about switching to a lightweight 16" bushmaster. so, i'm curious how the m-4 shoots. i love the colt, but i could do without the extra weight in the barrel. (so now there are two people curious how the bush m-4 shoots!)

5. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I qualify with an M4A1 on a regular basis and as of yet I have NEVER missed a man size target ant 300 meters. lucky me huh? Good shooting! Eric

6. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

I expect any battle rifle to shoot 4" or under at 100 yards . This is the rifle , not the shooter .

If you really want to know , put it on sandbags & see what it ( rather than you ) can do .

I suspect most A2 configeration AR's will do about 2" with decent vision and ammo .

If the Wolf ammo is steel case , I have heard it is hard on extractor and / or ejector . Might buy a spare .

My A2 configeration AR will shoot better than I can see , with iron sights .

My 24" S bull barrel upper w/scope will put them in a dime at 100 yards , on a very good day w/very good ammo . A lot of people do better than that .

If you bought the rifle for selfe defense , I have heard that the .223 looses a LOT of terminal effects due to the shorter barrel and lower velosity .

Wyr
    God Bless

7. m14nut

m14nut G&G Newbie

NJ
    I've shot my Bushy m4 clone out to 300m with ss109 ammo and my own handloads.
    I have a Comp M xd mounted foward, 3moa dot.
    1750 rounds thru the gun, NO problems, but that 'mini-y' comp is #$%*&!@ loud!!!
    This particular rifle shoots about 3" at 300m. No modifications to the gun except I put true M4 hanguards on.
    The 14.5 will lose velocity due to it's length.
    Took it to a friend's farm and was Vaporizing honeydew melons at 200m.
    If your looking for a match gun, don't buy it, get a full size. If your just gonna plink and chase woodchucks, get it!

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I have a Bushmaster shorty that puts four rounds into an inch at a hundred yards and then throws a flyer 2 or 3 inches away. I have a Free float fore end & a titanium firing pin. I'm saving up my pennies for a chrome plated bolt & bolt carrier.

9. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Oh yeah I don't like that Wolf ammo....friend of mine has a chrony and has clocked them...Extreme spread is pretty crazy... as high as 3200 fps (16 inch barrel) to as low as 2950 fps. I have a 1 in 9 twist so I use Winchester white box 55 grainers

10. m14nut

m14nut G&G Newbie

NJ
    With a 1/9 twist you can shoot and STABILIZE bullets from 45gr. to 69gr. Anything lower than 45 will over-rotate and come apart, anything over 69 will not stabilize well. Any of the Major mfg's will work fine. The South African ammo works well, and the Mil. SS109 ammo kicks butt!
    If you reload, try the Hornaday 52gr match bullets or their 68gr HPBT's. The 68's shoot great in my Bushy NM gun!:D

:assult:

11. bigwheel

bigwheel G&G Newbie

Bushey shooting

Now I DO NOT claim to be a marksman, or even a good shot.
    However, the hi power shooters at the range that do serious 200 yd competition can hit golf tees at 200 yds for as long as they can hold your interest. I cannot even come close to that kind of thing. Of course, they are all ex military "special training"of some kind. ( Rangers, Seals, etc...) and shoot highly modified AR type weapons or all kinds of special made stuff that barely looks like a gun. Fun to watch, fun to talk to them, but I'll stay over with
    the 100 yd crowd and be glad I can find some black now and then.

12. m14nut

m14nut G&G Newbie

NJ
    Here's mine;

Attached Files:

13. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    m14,
    that's sweeeet. Is that one of those entry stocks from Rock River? Eric hmmmm I'll try to post mine

14. Libertyman777

Libertyman777 G&G Newbie

Not that familiar with the M4 variant. I have done some shooting with a standard AR15 type and found it to be very reliable and accruate. With proper instruction, a shooter can hold inside of 10"-12" at 500 yards. The rifle itself is capable of better as most modern rifles can outshoot the shooter. Check out jarheadtop.com (this is just one of many) if you desire improvement.