hummmmm

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, May 23, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Each year law-abiding citizens use guns approximately 2.5 million times to defend themselves against criminals.1 Women use guns as many as 561 times each day to defend themselves against sexual abuse.2 A gun in the home is 216 times more likely to be used in defense against a criminal than it is to cause the death of an innocent household member.3 Listed below are but a few of the thousands of situations in which a women have used a weapon in defense of life or property.

1. Kleck and Gertz, "Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense With a Gun," 86, The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Northwestern University School of Law, 1 (Fall, 1995):164.
    2. Id., at 185.
    3. Schulman, Stopping Power: Why 70 Million Americans Own Guns, (1994):19.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

TRY TELLING THE DEMOKRATS THAT. THEY SEEM TO IGNORE PROVEN FACTS FOR UNTRUTHS AND MISINFORMATION. ROSIE O'DONNEL CAN AFFORD A BODYGUARD AND SEEMS TO THINK EVERYOTHER WOMAN CAN AFFORD ONE TOO.

3. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Libs do not care about the results of any policy or statistics that do not agree with their "logic".

4. Hank Springer

Hank Springer Guest

...or lack of the same.

5. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Hi doglips,an obsevation from a fellow Floridian,i have noticed lately that a lot of threads have been closed.I don't come on this forum as much as I used to and this is the first time I have noticed it.The closings seem to come on sensitive subject threads just when the raving is really getting going.I guess one must be careful and not rave too much,especially about controversial subjects.I noticed in the past sometimes we would get personal and attack each other which I feel is definatly the wrong thing to do,but this might be getting a little too much.
    Gosh,a body can't even get a good rave in without the lid coming down,or am I wrong since I don't keep up as much as I used to?:confused: :confused: :confused: :D

6. democrat, republican they're all the same, too busy kissing *** to the powers that be in order to line their pockets and gain political power to be conserned with such trivalities as the Constitution, common sense ect, ect...
    -Jesse

7. Fred Vetter

Fred Vetter Guest

88MM, you said a mouth full !!

8. heheh someone had to say it!.
    -Jesse