Humor - The best medicine

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Oct 31, 2016.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

One for the ladies... :D

[​IMG]

########

Mary comes home rather late after a night out with the girls.

“Oh, sweetheart,” she called, “your car’s on Maple Street.”

“Why didn’t you bring it home?” her husband asked.

“Couldn’t," she said. “It’s too dark out there to find all the parts."

########

[​IMG]

########

Random Thoughts ...

I married my wife for her looks... but not the ones she's been giving me lately!
    No one ever says, "It's only a game," when their team is winning.
    I gave my son a hint. On his room door I put a sign: "CHECKOUT TIME IS 18"
    "If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead rabbits on the highway?"
    Why do we choose from just two people for president and 50 for Miss America?"

Ever notice that people who spend money on beer, cigarettes, and lottery tickets are always complaining about being broke and not feeling well?
    On my first day of school my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery. There I was... surrounded by trees and bushes.
    Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?
    I earn a seven-figure salary. Unfortunately, there's a decimal point involved.

The next time you feel like complaining, remember: Your garbage disposal probably eats better than thirty percent of the people in this world.
    Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.
    My wife and I were happy for twenty years .... then we met.
    Home is where you can say anything you like 'cause nobody listens to you anyway.

I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here.
    If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the 'terminal'?
    I see your IQ test results were negative.
    I don't approve of political jokes... I've seen too many of them get elected.
    Regular naps prevent old age..... especially if you take them while driving.

########

They always say that Albert Einstein was a genius. Then how come when anyone ever calls you that, its an insult?
    'You dont know where you parked the car? Good job, Einstein.'

I don't think we're honoring that man properly by using his name in vain in parking lots.

########

Doctor: You're in good health. You'll live to be eighty.
    Patient: But, doctor, I'm already 80.
    Doctor: See, what did I tell you.

########

One for the fellas.

[​IMG]

2. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Quote:

"Why do we choose from just two people for president and 50 for Miss America?"

Shows where Americans' priorities are!:rolleyes:

big shrek, neophyte and Merle like this.
  3. savage12755a

savage12755a G&G Evangelist

I guess you could say we do it out of tradition.
    The first Miss America Pageant was held in 1921, 133 years after George Washington and the Continental Congress set the 2 man standard for elections.

neophyte likes this.
  4. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

DANG!!!!! :usa2:;):rolleyes:

neophyte likes this.
  5. grizcty

:D

[​IMG]

########

A guy walks into a bar and there is a horse serving drinks.

The guy stares until the horse finally says, “What’s the problem? Haven’t you ever seen a horse serving drinks before?”
    The guy says, “No, it’s not that. It is just that I never thought the ferret would sell the place."

########

A guy was on trial for murder and if convicted, would get the electric chair. His brother found out that a redneck was on the jury and figured he would be the one to bribe. He told the redneck that he would be paid $10,000 if he could convince the rest of the jury to reduce the charge to manslaughter.

The jury was out an entire week and returned with a verdict of manslaughter.

After the trial, the brother went to the redneck's home, told him what a great job he had done and paid him the $10,000.

The redneck replied that it wasn't easy to convince the rest of the jury to change the charge to manslaughter. They all wanted to let him go.

########

[​IMG]

########

Dealing With Trouble
    A deputy police officer responded to a report of a barroom disturbance. The "disturbance" turned out to be well over six feet tall and weighed almost 300 pounds. What's more, he boasted that he could whip the deputy and Muhammad Ali too.
    Said the policeman, "I'll bet that you're also an escape artist-probably better than Houdini."
    The giant nodded.
    "If I had some chains," the deputy continued, "you could show us how strong you really are. But all I've got is a set of handcuffs. Why don't you see just how quickly you can break out of them?"
    Once in the cuffs, the man puffed, pulled and jerked for four minutes. "I can't get out of these," the giant growled.
    "Are you sure?" the deputy asked.

The fellow tried again. "Nope," he replied. "I can't do it."
    "In that case," said the deputy, "you're under arrest."

########

Osama in Heaven
    After his death, Osama bin Laden went to paradise. He was greeted by George Washington, who slapped him across the face and yelled angrily, "How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!"
    Then Patrick Henry punched Osama in the nose and James Madison kicked him in the groin.

Bin Laden was subjected to similar beatings from John Randolph, James Monroe, Thomas Jefferson and 66 other early Americans. As he writhed in pain on the ground, an angel appeared.

Bin Laden groaned, "This is not what I was promised!"

The angel replied, "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you! What did you think I said?"

########

[​IMG]
    And then the fight began ...

Rave, Huey Rider, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  6. grizcty

[​IMG]

########

Little Johnny came downstairs wailing and in tears.

His mother asked, “What’s the matter now?”

“Dad was hanging pictures, and just hit his thumb with a hammer,” said Johnny through his tears.

“That’s not so serious,” soothed his mother. “I know you are upset, but a big boy like you shouldn’t cry at something like that. Why didn’t you laugh?”

“I did!” sobbed Johnny.

########

Things Not To Say During Childbirth:

-- Gosh, you're lucky. I sure wish men could experience the miracle of childbirth.
    -- Do you think the baby will come before Monday Night Football starts?
    -- I hope you're ready. The Glamour Shot photographer will be here in fifteen minutes.
    -- If you think this hurts, I should tell you about the time I twisted my ankle playing basketball.
    -- That was the kids on the phone. Did you have anything planned for dinner?
    -- When you lay on your back, you look like a python that swallowed a wild boar.
    -- You don't need an epidural. Just relax and enjoy the moment.
    -- This whole experience kind of reminds me of an episode from I Love Lucy.
    -- Oops! Which cord was I supposed to cut?
    -- Stop your swearing and just breathe.
    -- Remember what we learned in Lamaze class! HEE HEE HOO HOO. You're not using the right words.
    -- Your stomach still looks like there's another one in there.

########

Our advice during this time of quarantine.

[​IMG]

########

Religion as Baseball

Calvinists believe the game is fixed.
    Lutherans believe they can't win, but trust the Scorekeeper.
    Quakers won't swing.
    Unitarians can catch anything.
    Amish walk a lot.
    Pagans sacrifice.
    Jehovah's Witnesses are thrown out often.
    Televangelists get caught stealing.
    Episcopalians pass the plate.
    Evangelicals make effective pitches.
    Fundamentalists balk.
    Adventists have a seventh-inning stretch.
    Atheists refuse to have an Umpire.
    Baptists want to play hardball.
    Premillenialists expect the game to be called soon on account of darkness.
    The Pope claims never to have committed an error.

########

Selling War Insurance

Airman Jones was assigned to the induction center where he was to advise new recruits about their government benefits, especially their GI insurance.

It wasn't long before Captain Smith noticed that Airman
    Jones had almost a 100% record for insurance sales, which had never happened before.

Rather than ask about this, the Captain stood in the back of the room and listened to Jones's sales pitch.

Jones explained the basics of the GI Insurance to the new recruits, and then said:
    "If you have GI Insurance and go into battle and are killed, the government has to pay $200,000 to your beneficiaries. If you don't have GI insurance, and you go into battle and get killed, the government has to pay only a maximum of $6000."

"Now," he concluded," which bunch do you think they are going to send into battle first?

########

Through the pitch-black night, the captain sees a light dead ahead on a collision course with his ship.

He sends a signal: “Change your course 10 degree east.”

The light signals back: “Change yours, 10 degrees west.”

Angry, the captain sends: “I’m a navy captain! Change your course, sir!”

“I’m a seaman, second class,” comes the reply. “Change your course, sir.”

Now the captain is furious. “I’m a battleship! I’m not changing course!”

There is one last reply. “I’m a lighthouse. Your call sir."

########

[​IMG]

7. grizcty

[​IMG]

########

A couple was at the mall and the man's wife decided to buy something for their daughter-in-law at an exclusive lingerie shop.

Inside the lingerie shop, the husband was feeling very out of place when a beautiful clerk asked if she could help him.

In a cocky manner, he asked, “Where are all the men’s clothes?”

In a demure voice the clerk replied, “All of these clothes are for men, sir.”

########

One afternoon this guy drives down a highway to visit a nearby lake and relax. On his way to the lake, a guy dressed from head to toe in red standing on the side of the highway gestures for him to stop.

The guy rolls down the window and says, "How can I help you?"

"I am the red jerk of the highway. You got something to eat?"

With a smile in his face, the guy hands a sandwich to the guy in red and drives away. Not even five minutes later, he comes across another guy. This guy is dressed fully in yellow, standing on the side and waving for him to stop.

A bit irritated, our guy stops, cranks down the window, and says, "What can I do for you?"

"I am the yellow jerk of the highway. You got something to drink?"

Hardly managing to smile this time, he hands the guy a can of Coke and stomps on the pedal and takes off again. In order to make it to the lakeside before sunset, he decides to go faster and not stop no matter what.

To his frustration, he sees another guy on the side of the road, this one dressed in blue and signaling for him to stop.

Reluctantly, our guy decides to stop one last time, rolls down his window, and yells, "Let me guess. You're the blue jerk of the highway, and just what do YOU want?"

"Driver's license and registration, please."

########

[​IMG]

########

A woman goes into Wal-Mart to buy a rod and reel for her husband's birthday. She doesn't know which one to get, so she just grabs one and goes over to the register.

There is a Wal-Mart "associate" standing there with dark shades on.

She says, "Excuse me sir...can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?"

He says, "Ma'am I'm blind but if you will drop it on the counter I can tell you everything you need to know about it from the sound that it makes."

She didn't believe him, but dropped it on the counter anyway. He said,

"That's a 6' graphite rod with a Zebco 202 reel and 10 lb. test line...It's a good all around rod and reel and it's $20.00".

She says, "Thats amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I think it's what I'm looking for so I'll take it."

He walks behind the counter to the register, and in the meantime the woman farts. At first she is embarrassed but then realizes that there is no way he could tell it was her..being blind he wouldn't know that she was the only person around.

He rings up the sale and says, "That will be $25.50."

She says, "But didn't you say it was $20.00?"

He says, "Yes ma'am, the rod and reel is $20.00, the duck call is $3.00, and the stink bait is$2.50."

########

Hillary Clinton goes to a new doctor in Washington for an examination and he discovers that she has crabs. He thinks to himself 'How am I going to tell the 1st lady that she has crabs?' After the exam he tells her to get dressed and meet him back in his office.

Once there he proceeds to tell her that she has a very unusual condition. She is quite concerned and asks him what it is. He responds that she is suffering from Nixon's Disease.

She says "What?"

He again responds, "Nixon's Disease."

She says, "Level with me doc, what does it mean?"

He responds, "Well Mrs. Clinton, to put it very bluntly, you've got bugs in your oval office."

########

Good thing that I am a slow driver.

[​IMG]

8. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Courage---Stupidity,it all depends. :usa2:
    Hmmm,how about doing the right thing at the right time even if you are afraid?:usa2:

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  9. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Get your balls for you?
    Yes,please if you don't mind getting them out of your testicle jar.
    They should be the ones on top as you took them not long ago.;):rolleyes:

neophyte likes this.
  10. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

"...And that, officer, is why I have steel plates bolted to my car, was doing 150, and weaving between lanes. I can't wait to play again tomorrow."

11. grizcty

[​IMG]

########

Kathy goes to her local bank, walks into the manager’s office, and says, “I want a loan; I am going to divorce my husband.”

“Oh, we don’t give loans for divorces,” the manager says. “We offer loans only for things like real estate, appliances, automobiles, businesses, and home improvement.”

Kathy interrupts: “Stop right there. This definitely falls into the category of ‘Home Improvement.’”

########

NED: St Patrick's day is 10 months away. Should I work on my Irish accent?
    ED: No, if it ain't brogue, don't fix it.

########

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of - first, the truck, the car, playing golf ' Always something more important to me.
    Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point. When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. I said, 'When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway.'
    The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

########

[​IMG]

########

Two very elderly men were having a conversation about sex.

Elmer says, "Yessir, I did it three times last night with a 30 year old!"

Leon replies, "You're kidding! I can't even manage to do it once! What's your secret?"

To which Elmer said, "Well, the secret is to eat lots of whole-wheat bread. I'm not kidding!"

So the second old man rushed to the store.

The clerk asks the old man, "May I help you?'

"Yes, I'd like four loaves of whole-wheat bread, please," said Leon.

"That's a lot of bread! It's sure to get hard before you're done!" the clerk remarked.

Leon replies, "****! Does everyone know about this except me?"

########

Be careful what you wear (or don't wear), when working under your vehicle...especially in public.
    From Sydney Morning Australia comes this story of a central west couple who drove their car to K-Mart only to have their car break down in the parking lot.
    The man told his wife to carry on with the shopping while he fixed the car their in the parking lot. The wife returned later to see a small group of people near the car. On closer inspection she saw a pair of male legs from under the chassis.
    Although the man was in shorts his lack of underpants turned private parts into glaringly public ones.
    Unable to stand the embarrassment she dutifully stepped forward, quickly put her hand up his shorts and tucked everything back into place.

On regaining her feet, she looked across the hood and found herself staring at her husband who was standing idly by.

########
    [​IMG]

rando, goat roper, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  12. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

13. grizcty

[​IMG]

########

A young girl’s car couldn’t get started and traffic was tied up for blocks behind her. The light turned green, then yellow, then red.

"Whatsa madda, miss," shouted the NYPD officer. “Don’t you like any of our colors?”

########

Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents.

At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs. "I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE... I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO... I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR..."

His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn't deaf."

To which the little brother replied, "No, but Gramma is!"

########

A police officer stops a blonde for speeding and asks her very nicely if he could see her license.
    She replied in a huff, "I wish you guys would get your act together. Just yesterday you take away my license and then today you expect me to show it to you!"

########

[​IMG]

########

A Mormon acquaintance once pushed Mark Twain into an argument on the issue of polygamy. After long and tedious expositions justifying the practice, the Mormon demanded that Twain cite any passage of scripture expressly forbidding polygamy.
    "Nothing easier," Twain replied. "No man can serve two masters."

########

An Australian was in Ireland. On his way to Belfast, he stopped at a bar and asked one of the locals, "What's the quickest way to Belfast?"

The Irishmen asked, "Are you walking or driving?"

The Australian replied, "I'm driving!" The Irishman said, "Aye,
    that'd be the quickest way!"

########

[​IMG]

Rave, Merle, Huey Rider and 3 others like this.
  14. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I really liked the war insurance,makes sense. :usa2:;):(

neophyte likes this.
  15. grizcty

[​IMG]

########

Meyer, a lonely widower, was walking home one day. He was wishing something wonderful would happen to his life when he passed a pet store and heard a squawking voice shouting out in Yiddish: "Quawwwwk...vus macht du...!"
    Meyer rubbed his eyes and ears. He couldn't believe it! Meyer stood in front of an African Grey that cocked his little head and said: "Vus? Kenst reddin Yiddish?"
    In a matter of moments, Meyer purchased the bird and carried the parrot home. All night long he talked with the parrot...in Yiddish. The parrot listened while sharing some walnuts.
    The next morning, Meyer began saying his prayers. The parrot wanted to pray, too. Meyer hand made a miniature yamulke for the parrot. The parrot also wanted to read Hebrew, so Meyer spent months teaching him the Torah.

On Rosh Hashanah, Meyer rose, got dressed, and was about to leave when the parrot demanded to go with him. Meyer explained that a synagogue was not a place for a bird, but the parrot pleaded and was carried to the synagogue on Meyer's shoulder.
    Meyer was questioned by everyone, including the rabbi. At first, the rabbi refused to allow a bird into the building on the High Holy Days, but Meyer convinced him that the parrot could pray. Wagers were made on whether the parrot could speak Yiddish or not.
    All eyes were on the two of them during services. The parrot was still perched on Meyer's shoulder as one prayer and song passed...but the parrot didn’t say a word.

Annoyed, Meyer said, "Pray, parrot! You can pray...do it now while everybody's looking at you!" The parrot said nothing.
    After services were over, Meyer realized he owed the synagogue over four thousand dollars. He marched home, saying nothing. Finally, several blocks from the temple, the bird began to sing an old Yiddish song.
    Meyer stopped and looked at him. "You miserable bird...you cost me over four thousand dollars today. Why? After I taught you the morning prayers, taught you to read Hebrew and the Torah. And, after you begged me to bring you to a synagogue on Rosh Hashanah...Why did you do this to me?"
    "Don't be an idiot," the parrot replied. "Think of the odds we'll get on Yom Kippur!"

########

[​IMG]
    Don't you just love it when a plan becomes reality?

########

Things you'll find Only in America...

Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

Only in America......do banks leave both doors to the vault open and then chain the pens to the counters.

Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

########

A woman goes into the local newspaper office to see that the obituary for her recently deceased husband is written. The obit. editor informs her that the fee for the obituary is 50 cents a word. She pauses, reflects and then says, "Well then, let it read 'Fred Brown died.'"

Amused at the woman's thrift, the editor tells her that there is a 7 word minimum for all obituaries. Only a little flustered, she thinks thing over and in a few seconds says, "In that case, let it read, 'Fred Brown died: 2011 Pickup for sale.'"

########

A preacher is buying a parrot.
    "Are you sure it doesn't scream, yell, or swear?" asked the preacher.

"Oh absolutely. It's a religious parrot," the storekeeper assures him.

"Do you see those strings on his legs? When you pull the right one, he recites the Lord's prayer, and when you pull on the left he recites the 23rd Psalm."

"Wonderful!" says the preacher, "but what happens if you pull both strings?"

"I fall off my perch, you fool!" screeched the parrot.

########

[​IMG]

Rave, goat roper, Huey Rider and 3 others like this.