close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Humor - The best medicine

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Mindy up North

Mindy up North G&G Evangelist

I want to know why there isn't any percussive shock wave upon explosion. The guy who was outside of the ditch didn't appear to get the slightest of breeze...and his slow response flinch doesn't seem to coincide with the "boom" -- even his hat stayed put. I've seen tree stumps blow up with greater force lol. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is a fabricated video...maybe I'm wrong?

2. rl69

rl69 G&G Evangelist

What???? Buuuuuuuut it's on the internet it has to be true

I beleave most of the crap you see on the net is made up

3. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I did notice the highest part of him was his butt. If I hear fire in the hole ALL of me is down.

Moroco Mole likes this.
  4. savage12755a

savage12755a G&G Evangelist

Hand grenades have a very small amount of explosive. Usually only about a 1/4 pound of powder or plastic. Depending on type some are have segmented casings and some have notched wire (anti-personnel). The blast radius is only about 10 to 15 feet. Since the explosion was at ground level or lower 99.9% of the shrapnel was thrown upward. The guy outside the pit was below the line of fire, so to speak. An airburst however..........

5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

The grenade range is purposely built on a mound.
    With a pit on each side of the downward slope path.

For those who never used carried fragmentation grenades (M67). They are not what you see in Hollywood. Depending on the terrain and object thrown at. The casualty producing radius is about 15 meters, and the killing radius is only 5 meters. The Composition B filler, also produces a dark grey smoke.
    We also know that it is NOT a practice grenade (M69). As they are blue in color, with a loud popping noise, and a small trace of white smoke. And are reusable, except for the fuze.

6. I do think that in a democratic society You are outvoted

Moroco Mole and neophyte like this.
  7. It has to be B.

Moroco Mole and jwrauch like this.
  8. neophyte likes this.
  9. grizcty

It’s Hell Getting OLD!

[​IMG]

M14man, Moroco Mole, jwrauch and 7 others like this.
  10. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

I blame the guys for not watching her correctly throw a grenade. Reminds me of how i dreaded females hired to be police officers. They just don't have the physical strength to handle the job. To enforce laws you have to take emotions out of the judgement calls. I spent more time worried about them than I would have a male officer. I can't get over her throwing right hand with right foot forward. They should have known it was going to be a bad situation by the way she was standing.

M14man, Moroco Mole, jwrauch and 2 others like this.
  11. grizcty

12. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Griz was right on regarding the grenade pit. If you watch the vi8deo, you can see the blast wave stay contained and directed upwards doing exactly what it was designed to do. If you ever want to see a conventional munition shockwave that is amazing, here's a video slowed down for your viewing pleasure. Also consider blast over pressure damage...even a 1/2 pound of over pressure per sq inch can be deadly. How, figure your chest offers one sq ft of area or 144 sq inches x .5 pounds of over pressure equates to 72 pounds of force - now imagine what 72 pounds of force will do to you traveling at 300 miles per hour. It will absolutely ruin your day.

13. I’ve seen videos of male members of the army mis throw grenades as well. Deadly, but funny and you have to wonder. Anyone could tell how that was going to turn out just by her windup. Going back to our military grenade throwing, I saw a video one time where when took his windup the grenade flew backwards out of his hand causing EVERYONE on the range to scatter and another video where the thrower ended up throwing the grenade straight up.

Moroco Mole and Merle like this.
  14. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I was told a funny story by a former drill instructor. They had this kid who had been an All-Star in high school baseball as a pitcher. Come grenade time they weren't really worried because they knew he had an arm.
    Unfortunately no one knew the kid threw sidearm. He whipped it high-speed right into the barrier with enough force that it bounced far in the wrong direction.
    Luckily no one was hurt.

Moroco Mole, jwrauch, Rocky7 and 4 others like this.
  15. Ooops! LOL

16. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

you guy's know Stanford is located in San Francisco.
    now... I could make some jokes about that,
    or you could make some jokes about that.

Moroco Mole likes this.
  17. grizcty

Needs more bacon.
    But on another note, look at the size of those.... slices! :D

[​IMG]

animalspooker, jwrauch, Merle and 4 others like this.
  18. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist

19. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk G&G Evangelist

As a Drill Sergeant, I dreaded Grenade Day. Every trainee, except the first one to throw a live grenade was scared sh**less. The first one didn't get to hear the explosion, sort of a loud "Crump" and then hear the shrapnel hit the barrier we were all standing behind, before throwing his/her grenade. Didn't matter what kind of arm they had, everyone after #1, knew the power they had in their hot little hand, and if they messed up, they could die.