close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hunting dog photos, Post here...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Gus L., Jun 25, 2002.

1. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

This is my Huntin' buddy. He's a great pheasant and duck dog..

Attached Files:

2. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Man, that's a beautiful Lab! I lost mine a few years ago. I miss him. We've got a Hunting Dogs forum too. Activity has been light...summer and all.

Jesse

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Nice dog Gus, I'm gonna find me a good Beagle soon.

4. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

What do you hunt with your Beagle?
    Those are great dogs, They do like to wander though.

5. Tanasi

Tanasi G&G Newbie

You use beagles to hunt rabbits. Some folks use them to run deer. They're not very smart dogs but they have a lot of heart.
    :target:

6. BEAGLES

I RAISED BEAGLES AND HUNTED RABBITS FOR YEARS. HAD 35 DOGS AT ONE TIME. THE NEIGHBORS DROVE ME OUT THE DOG BUSINESS AND DIABETES CUT MY HUNTING. HAVE ONE CHOCOLATE LAB WHO IS IN THE WATER MORE THAN A DUCK. WILL SLOWLY SWIM FOR UP TO AN HOUR IN THE LAKE WIITHOUT TOUCHING BOTTOM. SHE SWIMS LIKE A BEAVER WITH ONLY HER NOSE OUT OF THE WATER. SCARES ME SOME TIMES.

DANA

7. I have three Brittanies. A white/orange ***** (Mustang Sally) and two males. One male is white/black (Freddy) and the other is a tri-color (extremely rare). I named the tri-color Harry Houdini, because he managed to get out of the whelping box before the rest of the litter was delivered! If people start posting pictures of their babies, I may have to go get a digital camera...

In my experience, a Brittany is a top-notch bird dog, but they mature very slowly. Emotionally, they are not adults until almost two years of age.

My first Brittany was the best dog I have ever had, seen, or heard tell of. Seriously, she made Lassie look like a moron.

8. Hey, the forum automatically censors the correct term for a female canine!

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

What?, the word b i t c h ?