Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ( if this needs moved please feel free to do so)
I was wondering if any of you guys lived in Idaho or hunted there. I'm considering possibly depending on how many hoops need jumped through of going to Idaho for black bears.
A lot will depend on cost. and other stuff like if I need to have a guide service or if i can do it on my own. if they have a lengthy lotto system. or if over the counter license and tags can be bought.

My questions to other you live or hunt there is how hard is it for a out of state hunter to get the needed license and tags. and how far in advance does the process start?
I will have to get some maps of the hunting zones when the bear seasons are from the fish and game department. I sent them a email asking some questions.

But i also came here looking for 1st hand expertise.
So if any one has any please let me know

thanks matt

· Registered
12,742 Posts
well.
if you come out deer hunting as an oos you can simply shoot a black bear on your deer tag, then go get a second deer tag.

i can't do that.
but i can buy a tag over the counter and ride around in the conga line all 14 days of the Deer hunt.

i'd look more up north for spring bear hunting [selway unit] and just do it on a self guided hunt.
the bears [and deer] around here [south eastern part of the state] are few and far between. [and super skittish]

· Registered
3,043 Posts
Hello everyone ( if this needs moved please feel free to do so)
I was wondering if any of you guys lived in Idaho or hunted there. I'm considering possibly depending on how many hoops need jumped through of going to Idaho for black bears.
A lot will depend on cost. and other stuff like if I need to have a guide service or if i can do it on my own. if they have a lengthy lotto system. or if over the counter license and tags can be bought.

My questions to other you live or hunt there is how hard is it for a out of state hunter to get the needed license and tags. and how far in advance does the process start?
I will have to get some maps of the hunting zones when the bear seasons are from the fish and game department. I sent them a email asking some questions.

But i also came here looking for 1st hand expertise.
So if any one has any please let me know

thanks matt
Brother, it would probably make life a lot easier for you to look into bear hunting West Virginia.

· Registered
167 Posts
Plant Eye Carnivore Grass Grassland

Since VDGIF took the bear tag off the big game license and now require a separate tag fewer bears are being taken.
Come to VA and help us contain the population explosion of these critters, please!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.