Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the China virus rebounds again in Fall as expected, will that be another opportunity for the liberals to harm gun owners, this time by cancelling deer and elk seasons? That would really tick me off.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,195 Posts
I can see it happening. The lib tards are having a field day with this. We recently had our wonderful governor shut down a private golf course that the county sheriff refused to enforce a shut down.
It’s an out door activity at a private club. If someone wants to use their paid membership to go out and smack a ball alone, why not?

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Um, I'm gonna throw a News Of The Weird in here.

Something in the woods is hunting humans...in various locations.
Especially at our National Parks.
They actually shut down a large section of the Naval Live Oaks in Gulf Breeze, FL,
before the COVID problem emerged...also a large section of Ft. Pickens is now Persona Non Grata.

So who opened up the Hellmouths??

Is this why they don't want folks out late at night now??

Product Photograph Hand Joint Font

Reactions: neophyte

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
I see no reason for any hunting season to be cancelled ever. What better place for a person to be than out in the woods enjoying nature. The trees sure ain't gonna give you the COVID. Go camping, go fishing, go hiking, plant a garden, plant a tree, get out the ball gloves and play with your kids/grandkids. There's nothing better you can do for yourself right now than enjoying the outdoors, as long as you're not doing with a group of 50 strangers. And if you are, good luck on the hunting!?!?!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I agree Animalspooker, get out and play with your kids. do a what is allowed in your state search and make some memories instead of all the whineing.

I can't go to the golf course and drink beer rideing around on the cart with my buddies, You know very well you will not play alone.

The state has designated the following occupations as critical functions and is allowing essential employees to work outside the home:
-- Health care and public health. This includes hospitals, nursing homes, pharmacies and health department workers.
-- Law enforcement, public safety and first responders.
-- Food and agriculture.
-- Energy supply, including electric and natural gas workers.
-- Water and wastewater.
-- Transportation and logistics, including truck drivers and bus drivers.
-- Public works.
-- Communications and information technology, including news media.
-- Other community-based government operations and essential functions.
-- Critical manufacturing.
-- Hazardous materials.
-- Financial services.
-- Chemical supply chains and safety.
-- Defense industrial base.

What is allowed in Michigan

The order mandates that Michigan residents need to stay home unless they are doing one of the following:

• To engage in an outdoor activity, like walking, hiking, running. People still need to remain at least six feet apart from anyone outside their household.
  • To perform jobs if they are critical infrastructure workers
  • To perform necessary government activities
  • To perform tasks necessary to their health and safety, including getting medication or seeking medical or dental care
  • To obtain necessary services and supplies, including groceries, takeout food, gasoline, medical supplies and any other products. However, people are urged to use delivery services as much as possible and limit the number of household members who leave the house.
  • To care for a family member or a family member's pet in another household
  • To care for minors, dependents, the elderly, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable people
  • To visit an individual under the care of a healthcare facility, residential facility or congregate care facility
  • To attend legal proceedings or hearings for essential or emergency purposes as ordered by a court
  • To work or volunteer for a business that provides food, shelter or other needs for economically disadvantaged people or other individuals in need, like people with disabilities.
  • To attend a funeral, provided no more than 10 people are in attendance.
Big thing here is a whole bunch of whineing I can't buy garden seeds.

When I posted links to places to buy not only seeds but live plants shipped to their house. they whined but I want to0 get them at Walmart.

Al

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Fishing is allowed here from row boats canoes and kiyaks. No power boats because theyuse gasoline and a lot of people don't use gloves when handling the pump handles.
plus the DNR told her the clowns were backed up at boat launches and mingling close together.

Fishing for steel head at Tippy dam was shoulder to shoulder and the dnr told them to clear out or seprate for 6 feet or more. they gave him a hard time so the county sherriff came and told them the same thing. they refused so a bunch were arrested and more ticketed for refuseing a lawfull order.
Now no one fishes there just because the fool wouldn't seprate.

Al

·
<------------<<<-
4,062 Posts
Hunting and Fishing fall under "being in nature" in MN. Turkey season started on Wednesday, and there are a TON of new hunters. Parents are taking their kids out with them, it seems.

MN makes way too much money to cancel hunting seasons.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
mmmhmm.
ain't nobody having fun if the guy with the badge can't.

it would do my area a world of good if they flat closed down deer and elk season for 2 years maybe even 3.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Um, I'm gonna throw a News Of The Weird in here.

Something in the woods is hunting humans...in various locations.
Especially at our National Parks.
They actually shut down a large section of the Naval Live Oaks in Gulf Breeze, FL,
before the COVID problem emerged...also a large section of Ft. Pickens is now Persona Non Grata.

So who opened up the Hellmouths??

Is this why they don't want folks out late at night now??

View attachment 140878
Interesting. Could you supply some links?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Fishing is allowed here from row boats canoes and kiyaks. No power boats because theyuse gasoline and a lot of people don't use gloves when handling the pump handles.
plus the DNR told her the clowns were backed up at boat launches and mingling close together.

Fishing for steel head at Tippy dam was shoulder to shoulder and the dnr told them to clear out or seprate for 6 feet or more. they gave him a hard time so the county sherriff came and told them the same thing. they refused so a bunch were arrested and more ticketed for refuseing a lawfull order.

Al
Yep. Those are exactly the kind if idiots who ruin things for everyone else. They are also the one who are whining about "Mah rights!"

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts

Al
Yep. Those are exactly the kind if idiots who ruin things for everyone else. They are also the one who are whining about "Mah rights!"

·
Registered
559 Posts
This will be a state by state decision made by each one's Fish and Game department (via the body that oversees them). Some will decide to keep seasons open, while others will cave.

What is already happening is non-resident tags will be taken off the market. This sort of makes sense, considering rural towns not wanting a bunch of out-of-staters coming in from potential hot spots and hanging out in their bars, motels, restaurants, and the like.

States, towns, and fish and game departments will lose money, but if your state decides to keep the seasons open and you live near good hunting, the woods should be less crowded this year.

·
Banned
754 Posts
I see no reason for any hunting season to be cancelled ever. What better place for a person to be than out in the woods enjoying nature. The trees sure ain't gonna give you the COVID. Go camping, go fishing, go hiking, plant a garden, plant a tree, get out the ball gloves and play with your kids/grandkids. There's nothing better you can do for yourself right now than enjoying the outdoors, as long as you're not doing with a group of 50 strangers. And if you are, good luck on the hunting!?!?!
Yea, the 3 guys I hunt with already have a social distancing rule. We stay about 800 yards apart on the long narrow 1,700 acres we hunt. Now the 3 guys in the el cheapo hotel room could be a problem, may have to get a spare car battery so I can use my CPAP in a tent. LOL Nothing could be safer than putting tens or thousands of guys way out in the boonies for a few weeks. Duh. You are so correct.

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
Alaska issued an order closing Spring bear season to non-resident hunters extended out to May 31st.

...now if they could only do this for the entire year for all species and reissue the tags to residents! I still can't believe I didn't get drawn for ANYTHING this year after applying for a dozen different tags! In fact, I can't think of anyone I know who won a tag this year. The non resident list was sure fat though! Glad I at least still have resident registration hunts to rely on for Moose.

Reactions: Jaison and Stickman

·
Less well known member
5,169 Posts
Alaska issued an order closing Spring bear season to non-resident hunters extended out to May 31st.

...now if they could only do this for the entire year for all species and reissue the tags to residents! I still can't believe I didn't get drawn for ANYTHING this year after applying for a dozen different tags! In fact, I can't think of anyone I know who won a tag this year. The non resident list was sure fat though! Glad I at least still have resident registration hunts to rely on for Moose.
I didn't get anything either, but my neighbors son, who is in college in Arizona got a nice Bison draw. Go figure.

Reactions: Mindy up North
1 - 20 of 26 Posts