Hunting Seasons just around the corner!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Pyro01, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Pyro01

Pyro01 G&G Addict

Can't wait to go to town on those mourning dove, there's a lot of them flying around while I'm doing pest control on my friends land. Mmmmm.... tasty tasty dove.

2. I can't wait for bow hunting! :yup:

3. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Dove first, then Duck . Hog all year long if you can stand the Heat.

4. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

I'm planning on trapping this season, other than that, gun deer is still a while away yet, but I'm getting excited already.

5. I hope gun deer hunting is better than it was last year. I didn't even really see a deer all season. :dunno:

6. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

Yeah, my deer season wasn't that great either. My thread about last years deer season hasn't made it's way home yet, but I didn't get anything either.

7. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

In 5 years of gun deer seasons I have seen a total of 4 deer. All in teh same season. I may buy a bow this year and try hunting when there are not 10,000 idiots in the field also.

8. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

Yes, given the number of deer lately, I think we should put the DNR in charge of mosquitoes and deer flies.

9. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Yep, I agree! Deer counts...humbug...they should stop counting those lawn ornaments!

10. I hope I get to do more hunting this year for dove, squirrel, deer and turkey I got hurt last year and had to nurse my foot back to good health. I did kill an 8 pt. Buck last year.

11. Pyro01

Pyro01 G&G Addict

I've been taking care of grey, reds, and ground squirrels and rabbits for my friend. In WI you're allowed to hunt pests out of season if you got written permission from the landowner. That's not even including all the pigeons I got on my other friends land this year, at least 60 on her land. I need to get the bow out and start practicing for this fall.

12. stinkybriches

stinkybriches G&G Enthusiast

i hope this year to get more time in the woods, period. thanksgiving is a busy holiday and it takes alot of prep work to get ready for. makes it hard for the boss to give me time off. and the wifes birthday is the 27th and that makes it tuff as well.

13. Redneck Chick

Redneck Chick G&G Regular

Can't wait for goose season :)

14. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

I'm going for trapper's education course Sept. 8, 9, 10, and 11. Planning to try some trapping this year

15. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Thought about getting a Wis non-res deer license again, but decided I'd put that $160 towards processing of a 1/4 beef, instead..

Still looking forward to tree rat season, though..

16. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Ok.. Squirrel and other various small game seasons opened today.. Let's see the photos!!!

I have a wedding, so rather than having some squirrels soaking in salt water for frying, I got to go exchange my shirt that goes with my tuxedo.. :(

There's tomorrow, though!!! Supposed to be nice, so I think Mr. Motorcycle, Mr. Ruger MKII (with reddot) and I are going to go find Mr. Squirrel..

17. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

That's nothing, I've got a friend who is getting married in deer season! At least it's the second weekend! Or I'd just have to skip. The wedding I mean.