Gun and Game Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

· mil-surp collector
2,775 Posts
I've heard good things about the Romanian Training rifles. I don't think you could go wrong with one.
I bought one a few years back for $99.00,and it is wicked accurate.Had some scope mounts fitted for it and added a Bushnell scope.I average 2 inch groupings at 100 yards.For awhile the accessories were hard to find,now they are all over the place.If you have a chance to get one,grab it,you won't regret it.

· Registered
4,479 Posts
For small game I use my Marlin 60 22lr. It is very accurate for a little 22 semi auto.

I am thinking about getting another gun for hunting though so I can keep this one nice. It was my dads and was given to me after he died and I refinished the stock (one coat light walnut then 6-8 coats of Teak Oil, cant remember exactly how many) but I have been thinking about finding another 60 or getting a .22mag bolt action, but either way a Marlin 60 is a good cheep and accurate gun and are pretty easy to find. I highly recomend them. I have heard that some of the brand new ones have had some issues but you can find em used at pawn shops all the time.

· Registered
1 Posts
Would it be a good idea to hunt small game with a mosin nagant loaded with mil surp full metal jacket ammo? I know if I used soft point ammo that would blast too big a hole through them and ruin much of the meat, but what about full metal jacket?
I headshot a squirrel with my nagant and it didnt explode the head or anything it just looked like if you jammed a rod through it

61 - 63 of 63 Posts