Hurts So Good

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by gandog56, May 25, 2008.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Went to the range today in a masochist way. Fired 101 rounds out of my Steyr M95, followed by 75 rounds of 7.62X54R split between my M44 and 91/30.

Hurt so good
    Come on Baby, make it hurt so good
    Sometimes love don't feel like it should
    You make it hurt so good:09:

2. Tulamosin

Tulamosin G&G Enthusiast

I use mosins to tenderize my steaks.

1. place rifle butt on steak
    2. fire rifle
    3. season and grill
    4. enjoy

3. You ain't kidding. My shoulder is still hurting me from shooting my 91/30 last Saturday.

4. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Just remember, the more you shoot, the more nerve-endings you destroy. This make it possible to shoot a lot longer! :D

5. gandog56

Trying aspircreme. I hope it's not just a placebo effect, but it is seeming to help.

Interesting shade of purple on my bruise, though.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  6. You guys ever figure that the beating we receive from these old war horses might just be part of our addiction? I mean, I honestly know I LOVE that feeling of " Oh What the :censored: was that!?!?! Did I just lose a friggin shoulder?!?!?!"

7. gandog56

That's why I said "Hurt so good"!

8. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

We ought to start a Range Bruise Photo Contest !! Now THAT would be funny!

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

My Mosins I only shoot the lightball Hungarian and Czech...AND the 46 gr Czech practice ammo...shoots like a .22lr and accurate out to 100 yds.

10. Are you serious? LOL, sounds like something Homer Simpson would do.

11. gandog56

And I finally broke down and ordered a new digital camera, too! What a first photo that would be. Too bad the bruise is already half the size it was.

Of course I can always go back out and make it bigger again!:09:

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  12. gandog56

Yep the bruise is almost gone. That can only mean I need to get back out to the range.

13. Have you ever had a shot where the butt crept up and you shot the rifle when it was on your collar bone? I just did that Sunday and I said "dayammm that didnt feel right". Left a lil red mark too. Will have to watch that. Dont want to do that again.

14. gandog56

Hmmmm, that's probably better than something creeping up your butt.:09:

15. gandog56

If the weather is nice Friday, it's shoulder tenderizing time again. More Steyr M95, more Mosin. Think I'll take the Saiga .223 out this time, too. Not to mention I haven't shot my .454 Casull in a while.

16. Ah, the Casull would be good for giving you shoulder advanced warning via the sound of wrist bones shattering that it's time is up too! lol Good luck with the weather, and if all goes well, have fun and keep safe!

17. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

A new epidemic !!

18. gandog56

Steyr/Mosin shoulder and Casull wrist?

19. matt760

matt760 G&G Enthusiast

i heard its affecting millions of Americans just like carpal tunnel syndrome