Three more
Reload
Actually
This would be great in this scenario
It would put a big hole through four or five bodies

·
Old man, No tact...
12,338 Posts
My Sig P220SAO because I carry it always.... as we speak. There is a full magazine in every room, and one of my 1911's is also fully loaded in many rooms.

·
Wonderment :)
32,531 Posts
You will wish for “ear plugs”

call 911 before you make bad entry decisions

body bags. 1 size fits all.

leave me-mine-us alone and you can still do drugs

choices. have you just made a horrible 1

·
Registered
893 Posts
The law here precludes my having a weapon for home defence.

This being so, I have left instructions with my butler that, should anybody attempt to break in at night, he is to speak to them most severely, employing, if necessary, irony, a terrible weapon, in the hands of a skilled man

That'll do it...

Seriously, I think if you broke into a country
house or farm in the UK, you'd be surprised how many houseowners were, just that moment, cleaning their normally secured shotguns...
Many states have a law that allows for transporting guns and ammo to and from shooting ranges, hunting, sporting events, etc, in addition to any concealed carry or other laws. As an avid shooter I would often stop at a range after work or just stop and shoot when I traveled. So for decades, including today. I have targets and ear protection in every car or truck. I also have the most common ammo in them, 9mm, 22, 38, 223, etc in the truck or under the back seat, same place as my spare tools.

I have even stopped at Shooting Range State Park a few miles west of Albuquerque a few times when driving east west across the country, it adjoins Interstate 40. Just firing 50 rounds gives a welcome relief from a long drive. I also have an electronic predator call that stays in my truck always, it goes with my AR 223 varmint rifle just in case I am in the boonies and have an extra couple hours. I also keep a light camo jacket in the truck, for rain or whatever, fits under the back seat.

I am always looking for a time and place to pop a few rounds.

Reactions: neophyte

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
So here is the situation. You are in your home, there has been some trouble with (insert name of group) and you hear someone trying hard to break into your home.

Handguns) Your rifles are downstairs but you have have several options in handguns....so which one and why?
All Guns) You have access to everything you own...(maybe your just finished cleaning them) Which one and why ?

Remember this is at home.
Also which ONE (1) first. :D
Which ever is closest! :D

·
Registered
899 Posts
My wife and I have matching carry weapons which are always out.
Two Remington 380acp. One is in my pants by the sofa in the living room, the wife's in the bookshelf by our bed.
Two Springfield XDS 9mm. Mine on top of the refrigerator, her's beside the bed.

If we knew they were coming the XDM's with 19 rnd mags would be out. Yes again two of them with spare mags.

I always keep a 20ga loaded with slugs and a lever action 357mag next to the bed.

About 10 years ago my wife had a threat against her life from a student. At that time you could find a gun within 10 feet anywhere in the house. All windows were covered by aluminum foil so no one could see inside. It was not a fun time.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
Basic HD..Beretta PX4 .45 Type C, SIG P320 C .45 ; Ruger Mini-14 GB .223, AR-15 in .223Wylde; Remington 870 12ga Deer BS and Slugs; Ithaca M37 Police LEO 12ga OO buck...other stuff placed as needed;) Then there are the AK variants!

Reactions: neophyte and TXplt

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Dial the Police if possible before you open fire. You may survive but the Lawyers will own your home and pistol if you are charged.

·
Premium Member
30,645 Posts
Dial the Police if possible before you open fire. You may survive but the Lawyers will own your home and pistol if you are charged.
Dial 911 ,
Throw phone on floor
scream help help they are gonna kill me as you open fire

·
Premium Member
30,645 Posts
If I thought they had guns
Run to basement and shoot through front and side porch floors with ak

·
Registered
304 Posts
So here is the situation. You are in your home, there has been some trouble with (insert name of group) and you hear someone trying hard to break into your home.

Handguns) Your rifles are downstairs but you have have several options in handguns....so which one and why?
All Guns) You have access to everything you own...(maybe your just finished cleaning them) Which one and why ?

Remember this is at home.
Also which ONE (1) first. :D
I would opt for my 9MM it has 20 rounds of firepower plus 4 extra mags of 20 rounds penetrants better than my .45acp

I would opt for the Shotgun loaded with 3" 00 OR 000 Buckshot , because its the best weapon for multiple targets CLOSE QUARTERS then move to the AR-15 shoot fleeing group members at distance then back to the 9mm every wounded person alive gets one 9mm shot in the head until all group members are destroyed and dead the root is pulled forever on the group making them extinct forever. TERRORISM ENDS HERE !

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Id think a revolver would be the choice.
Can fill the magazine to capacity and it can sit loaded for ages with no ill-affect to the cylinder.
Load 10+rounds in a box mag and eventually it will take a set.

What Im getting at is storing a loaded box mag for months at a time will eventually affect the spring tension and lead to feeding issues.

So what will you have confidence in?

A revolver that had been loaded for 12 months?
Or a high capacity box magaizine pistol that just might have developed a lazy spring?

Here was a neat idea.
A chain fed 21 round 9mm handgun.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Can fill the magazine to capacity and it can sit loaded for ages with no ill-affect to the cylinder.

What Im getting at is storing a loaded box mag for months at a time will eventually affect the spring tension and lead to feeding issues.

So what will you have confidence in?

A revolver that had been loaded for 12 months?
Or a high capacity box magaizine pistol that just might have developed a lazy spring?

Here was a neat idea.
A chain fed 21 round 9mm handgun.
I disagree on the fear of a magazine spring causing a failure. Personally I have had 1911 magazines that were loaded and stored sometimes while I was gone on military duty for years, never had one fail. I have Glock magazines also that have been stored loaded for years and never a problem. Even had and old British 303 that was kept loaded every day for decades only occassionlly firing the load and replacing. Never had a problem. I do not load my hi caps full, a 30 round may carry 25, a 15 may carry 13, but I have just never seen a problem. Do not get me wrong, I have more revolvers than semis, just do not want 6 rounds when I might need 15, in the dark, with strange people, and strange noises, and lights and flashes and dogs barking while I am trying to figure it out. A reload is just not something I need after 6 rounds.

I have a stand by 38 in the house. On more than one occassion I take the Glock to explore and put the 38 in my hip pocket.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
19,610 Posts

lol...can o' worms.

In MY mags, the springs don't take a set. I use PMAGs, Sig OEM mags, HK OEM mags, and a combination of Glock OEM and PMAGs. As well as Manticore mags on one of my guns. I do have some stoners, but don't much use them.

The 'spring set' thing goes back and forth. Deformation of cartridges over time, deformation of feed lips, crud getting in the mag and interfering with the follower, etc. is certainly something that can happen under stress and when mags sit. But what USUALLY wears springs out is dynamic cycling. There will invariably be SOME inelastic deformation when mags are initially loaded to capacity and left for a bit; most of this in the well designed springs is accounted for and leaving them sit over time really does nothing to them. So it depends on the spring construction for the mags you use. IF you use high quality mags in a proven application, the spring 'set' doesn't happen as magazines sit full over time.

When I worry about springs too much, I just think of the valve springs in dad's 2006 Honda Element with close to 200K miles on it. They're still going strong and I can't begin to imagine how much heat, stress, and cycles they've been through (someone could probably do the math and get close in figuring engine revs per mile and average idling time, etc. But it's gotta be in the billions or trillions of cycles in a relatively hostile environment).

81 - 97 of 97 Posts