close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I am stupid and need help understanding this

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I read this artical that appeared on WOFL Fox 35 News...local news and I copied this from their web site. I read it..re read it took a nap and read it and I guess Im just one stupid little piggy because I cant figure this out..... 2 arabs with false id on a closed highway near the pentagon get 6 months home detention....ok which home his real one..the one on one of his fake ID's? Im sure that it is just me and that I am so stupid that I am not understanding this...would someone explain this too me in siple little words...thank you.

Two truck driver arrested near Pentagon is sentenced

Alexandria, Virginia-AP -- An Arab-American tow truck driver who raised alarms near the Pentagon in February has gotten six months' home detention.

Imad Abdel-Fattah Hamed (ih-MAHD' ab-DEHL'-FAH'-tah hah-MED') admitted having false identification -- a second driver's license. But authorities say his presence on a closed highway near the Pentagon was a mistake, and he is not a terrorist.

Hamed spent five days in jail before authorities decided he was no threat.

A passenger in Hamed's truck was also carrying false I-D. He pleaded guilty in March to document fraud and got a year's probation.

Copyright 2002 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2. JerryM

JerryM G&G Newbie

Ya, that's kind of stupid to me to but if they got worse than someone else for the same crime the ACLU would have crawled up someone's rear.

Oh, nice copyright info.

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well, the key here is that he is an American, and therefore can not be deported.

4. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Something still seems very wrong with the whole thing. Arab males, Pentagon, closed road, Fake IDs...I don't know, maybe I'm just overly cautious.

5. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Fake ID = hiding

why did he have a fake id. He must have been hiding something and that is worth finding out, isn't it?

6. Ok maybe I missed something but if this guy is American why does he need a fake ID?