I ask once again, pray for me.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by alleyyooper, Sep 14, 2020.

1. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Dear heavenly father we pray for our brother Al : for his complete healing , for his relief from pain , and for peace , strength and comfort for his family in Jesus name , Amen.

2. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

Al, you will be in my prayers twice a day until this issue resolves in some manner. And if you need to talk to someone again, PM me and I will give you my cell #. I'm typically awake until close to 2 Eastern time.

ChaZam, Ron The Legend, K75RT and 5 others like this.

3. graybeard

graybeard G&G Evangelist

Virginia
    Stay strong Alleyyooper. Prayers sent to ease your pain and ask comfort in your battles.

ChaZam, Ron The Legend, K75RT and 5 others like this.
  4. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Michigan
    Thanki you all very much for the prayers. YESTERDAY WAS THE MOST PAIN FREE day I have had since befroe hearing it was cancer.
    Ieven went out side and went over the controls for the Zero turn Mower with wife and watched her mow the front yard.

Calling The veterans help line I knew could lead to trouble. I just wanted to talk to some one at 4:00 AM till the pain meds kicked in. I knew it would come up did I want to hurt my self AKA suside.
    No not at all had a friend in the 1980's take his own life. Made a mess for his wife, his 8 year old son and for others who toched his life.

Do I have guns, Ya I have guns and have been wondering what to do with them? some do not hold any special meaning but two belonged to my dad, one from a uncle.

Where are your guns. down locked up in the safe where they belong.

Any way I knew those were questions they would ask but the lady was nice when I told her was no way I was going to shoot my self and make a mess out of every one around me life, as had my friend who did it to his friends.
    So we talked about the pain and how there isn't enough pet scaners to go around and being on a list and waiting when the blood sugar isn't right.

So beware when calling a hot line.
    To bad there isn't one for hunters/gun owners.

Al

ChaZam, jwrauch, Becks42 and 9 others like this.
  5. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Prayers sent! Get well soon alleyyooper!

6. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

Our most kind Heavenly Father. Watch over our Brother, as we lift him up to You, as he goes through his trials. We pray for his comfort. We pray for his families comfort. We pray the Holy Ghost, will guide him, and ease his fears, as he walks with You, Oh Lord of Hosts!

We pray for his healing, Oh Lord! Not what WE will, but what Thou wilt. We pray you give him the guidance to trust in Jesus. We pray that you give him the strength, and faith, to face whatever challenges he, and his family faces. We pray, you give him the faith of your beloved child Job: YET, even though He slay me, Even then shall I trust HIM!

We pray this in your Son, Jesus' name.

Amen!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    PAPA G, ChaZam, jwrauch and 8 others like this.
  7. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

alleyyooper: Sir; We stand together; as your prayer warriors

PAPA G, ChaZam, jwrauch and 5 others like this.
  8. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

9. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Al you are certainly in my thoughts and Prayers. Been thinking about you since you posted about the terrible pain you dealt with. I have seen first hand how the pain can attack a grown man . I saw my father go through it. I am so glad you had a day with less pain and hope it keeps away.

jwrauch, PAPA G, ChaZam and 6 others like this.
  10. geral ray johnson

geral ray johnson G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

praying for you my friend

jwrauch, PAPA G, ChaZam and 5 others like this.
  11. luvmyRugers

luvmyRugers G&G Evangelist

Prayer sent for sugar levels in the correct range and PET scan performed as needed. Keep us posted on your progress alleyyooper

12. alleyyooper

Michigan
    Thank every one ever so much the pet scan was done with a blood sugar readding of 136.

I go for prep tomorrow then thursday start the Chemo. was told one day a week for 3 weeks then a week off and a second 3 week set and I have not been told from there.

Al

jwrauch, luvmyRugers, PAPA G and 9 others like this.
  13. Great news about the PET scan! Once a week for 3 weeks doesn't sound too bad. Toes crossed you do well with it

jwrauch, luvmyRugers, PAPA G and 5 others like this.
  14. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Glad to hear Al. I am sure its a rough road but the sooner the better on the Chemo to get onto recovery.

jwrauch, luvmyRugers, PAPA G and 3 others like this.
  15. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Al,
    One thing I pray you keep foremost in your thoughts if you are a believer, "God never puts more on our plate than we can handle". It can be an extreme challenge in his testing our devotion. Keep the faith and my blessings and prayers to your endurance.
    Jim

jwrauch, luvmyRugers, PAPA G and 6 others like this.
  16. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

Double like this Alleyooper. It is a shame that sometimes the very folks who want to help become too proactive as if that were their mission. They should be taught to simply listen. My opinion is that your thinking is very sound and I hope that your journey is a long one that becomes pain free.

jwrauch, luvmyRugers, PAPA G and 5 others like this.
  17. Ron The Legend

Ron The Legend G&G Evangelist

Colorado
    Never ever, ever give up. Fight brother and trust God's way. Pain means you're still alive and so many souls have not made it to our ages. Praying for you.

luvmyRugers, PAPA G, rando and 4 others like this.
  18. Dayam Ooper I hope you can get a handle on this and keep on keeping on.
    I was kinda feeling sorry for myself and my upcoming open heart surgery but I don't have any comorbidities going on.

luvmyRugers, PAPA G, rando and 3 others like this.
  19. alleyyooper

Michigan
    Chemo Prep went well today. A change of meds for pain is also coming up. Script should be ready tomorrow when I get my first round of chemo. Two types delivered as a combo thru IV 4 to 4.5 hours.

Then once a week for 3 weeks and the 4th week off then start a second round.

Al

luvmyRugers, PAPA G, rando and 5 others like this.
  20. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Prayers and good luck your session goes smoothly.

jwrauch, luvmyRugers, PAPA G and 2 others like this.